3| Lana

I scoffed as I sliced the carrot into thin lines. Mum said carrot tasted better when they weren't chunky though I loved them extraordinarily chunky I settled to make them thinner for Mr No Nonsense Man.

" Annoying dickhead," I mumbled as I fixed his salad. He mostly had salad for lunch which I was trying to finish on time, before he skipped that too and his rich ass decided to sue me for starving a poor old man to death by my horrible services.

I arranged the bowl, trying to make colours put of the poor salad for Mr Grumpy. I could come up with a bunch of names for him if you'd give me a pen and paper. I'd gladly do that in perfect handwriting.

I wasn't allowed to even breath without a glare. I saw him going upstairs to his room and he eyed a glass of water I was holding.

" Good afternoon,"

" Ah!" I screamed, spilling the contents of the bowl. I cussed under my breath before meeting bright hazel orbs.

" The salad!" I cried, trying to hold my tongue. It's all his fault. He was in a white shirt, black slacks and he was quite the catch, curly brown hair, porcelain smooth skin, sharp facial features that'd make any woman fall deadly in love.

" I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, Miss." He apologized like the gentleman man he was. I sighed, rubbing my forehead. I had to make it all over again. The fuck.

" I thought it was Roxine's caregiver," he explained smoothly.

" I actually am his new caregiver, and now I'll have to start over again. No problem, my luck is hell bent on getting me fired on my first day." I ranted.

He smiled.

" Of course this looks funny," I rolled my eyes, sarcastically.

" I really am sorry, anyways I'm Ferrell Dovell, Roxine's best friend and doctor." I studied his features. He looked a bit younger than Roxine. Probably like five years younger if I wasn't exaggerating. It was hard to tell these men were that older.

" And you're?," His perfectly shaped brow lifted.

" Oh, urr-- my name is Lana Rhoades, Mr Campbello is upstairs," I cleared my throat.

" Yes, right, Roxine, I'll get going now," he looked flustered. What was wrong?, Did I say something out of line?.  They were best friends, of course birds of the same feather flocked together.

" Wait, wait, I am sorry for my outburst earlier. I was just exhausted and quite stressed, I didn't mean to be so mean?," I retracted my hand wrapped around his arms.

" It's fine, Miss Rhoades," he waved it off.

" You can call me Lana." I smiled softly at him.
He nodded.

" I sure will."

" I'll take you to see Mr Campbello." I stupidly took the lead upstairs. Okay I made a mistake I should have just allowed him to go look for him. I hadn't gone around the house, I had no idea which side he took.

Left or right?.

" You're very hilarious, Lana,. You don't know where he is, correct?" Ferrell tucked his hands into his pants, smiling softly.

" Ur- actually," I whispered scratching my hair.

" How long have you been in these walls?," He took the right corridor.
I followed him.

" It hasn't even been 24 hours, it's just that I had to face Mr Campbello's wrath this morning and then make him his lunch and then, you showed up and I spilled his salad, so yeah I haven't had the time to go around,"

Was that considered too much talking?.

" Roxine, you've got yourself quite the caregiver." Ferrel mused.

I froze, lifting my eyes. They met Ferrell's back and then I peered past his arm.

" Oh shit." I squeak.

His hard gaze was on me.

" Step aside." He ordered. I swallowed hard and stepped into his line of sight.

This man has gotten me into far trouble than myself.

" Mr Campbello." I forced a smile.

He lifted a brow. Okay Mr No Smiling Face.

" Where's my lunch, Miss Rhoades?"

I nodded.

This is where I loose my job.

" It's in the ur- kitchen, just give the order and it'll be right here," I rocked back and forth.

" I need my lunch right now, go get it."

I looked at him with wide eyes.

" Did you not hear me?" He raised a brow.

" Right away."

I bolted.