Chapter 41

Regina asked her dad for contact numbers to Mars. She didn't say who she wanted and he didn't ask, though she suspected from the direct numbers he gave her to the royal house, he probably suspected what she was up to.

Maybe he wanted her to contact Marcus.

He gave her three phone numbers and wished her good luck, hugging and kissing her on the forehead. Clare and Mom were in the car already after the heartfelt goodbye and the words of encouragement they gave to Regina.

Regina felt jitter running up and down her limbs while she waved them in the doorway. It was probably like Marcus had felt when he drank coffee, and she remembered that feeling when she tasted it for the first time herself. It was like the ball of energy was growing in her body and desperately needed the way out. She closed the door and leaned back on it, only to take a jumping step away. She inhaled so deep that her lungs hurt, and exhaling, she bent her body, making the sound like she was silently shouting. Her clenched fists were minimally moving in the air like he was hitting something small right in front of her.

She was going nuts.

Smiling broadly, she looked at her phone and three long numbers on it. She just needed to make a call and ask for Marcus's phone number and then it would be it. Her revelation and demand to find a way to be together. If he wasn't with someone else already. Dark thought penetrated her mind, but she quickly smashed it away with an imaginary giant flyswatter. She must think positively. Or she'll just drown back in the muddy pool of her sorrow.

Feeling giddy, she run to sit on the loveseat in the living room and dialed the first number.

Curling her ponytail on her finger she listened to how some guy with a very pleasant intonation told her that he can't share Prince's number, but he could take her message and pass it to him when there would be a meeting. And it would be probably after two days, on Monday.

In a lame voice, she told him no, thank you, and put down her phone. Her giddiness deflated a little, but she still had two more numbers to call.

Chewing her lip, she tried the second number, and some woman with a quiet and soft voice said something similar. When she put down the phone, Regina's eyes prickled with tears. She rolled down to the floor and sat with her back leaning against the loveseat. She put her head in her hand and, not looking down at the phone, tried the third number.

After she asked the same question, the man who sounded older than the previous one asked her who she was. She told him, and also added, that if he can't give Marcus' number, maybe he can give her Darius' or Kosmas'.

She heard a deep inhale, and the man on the other end said, "Regina Morgan, as in Mr. Morgan's daughter? It's a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for helping our Prince to sign an agreement, Marsikons would always be in your debt for what you've done."

Hearing such an answer, Regina even looked at her phone, checking if she wasn't imagining it.

"But by our protocol, we can't give you his number just like that." She mouthed, 'WTF', but he continued, "It's just I don't have his personal phone number, but I'll see what I can do and get back to you as soon as possible."

Regina's face beamed, "Really? Oh my, thank you, thank you, thank you! I would be so honored and grateful if you'll help me with this."

She put down her phone and stood up. Her giddiness returned and she didn't know where to put herself while she was waiting. She went to the bathroom, brushed her hair, redone the ponytail, and only five minutes had passed. She couldn't just sit and wait, so she decided to drive to her favorite restaurant and buy some pastries. It was silly, but a sweet distraction was the best distraction.