Chapter 20

In the morning Regina woke up still a little tired. These past days of driving and constant communication with others took their toll on her.

She remembered how Darius busted them yesterday and loudly groaned, burying her head in a pillow. She wanted to spend all day in a bed, just relaxing and doing nothing. Or better yet, she would gladly have done something with Marcus in said bed. Interesting, how Marcus had coped after she left. He looked so mortified like he wanted to fall through the ground. But still, she hadn't forgotten about her revenge plan for him. If not for Darius, who knows, maybe Marcus would've spent that night with her. But she still had at least one day ahead of them for driving him even more crazy with lust.

The memory of his gaze burning with fire woke her up faster than any coffee could. She enjoyed playing with him, wondering how far he would go with his desire. It was just revenge and she was having fun. She wanted him to feel like she felt the day before when he tuned her out. She would play with him, and then bam, only business-like relationship, darling. Yesterday she was carried a bit away with their game, but today she won't lose focus. Her own feelings were thoroughly guarded. It was just a little flirting—and maybe (hopefully?) sex—nothing more.

With spring in her step, she got up from the bed, took a shower, gathered her things, and went outside, wearing white shorts and a white flaring top. Glancing around while she went to their room, she spotted the same green sedan which almost hit her yesterday, but it was empty. Dismissing it, because how many similar cars were driving around, she went further. She had a fleeting thought, that maybe it was someone from her team watching them, but then they wouldn't leave this car for her to see it so easily.

When she was almost to the door, Kos emerged from the room closing the door behind him. A lopsided smile was greeting her when she drew nearer.

"Good morning, Kosmas," she felt her lips spread in a sheepish smile. Her cheeks heated from the memory of him silently chuckling at them through the whole movie.

"Mornin'," he watched her, his brow raised, and grin still hovering on his lips.

Only now she realized, that it was more shameful to know that Kos was aware of everything that went between her and Marcus, than when Darius noticed it and made a circus from it.

She put a palm on her eyes, glancing at him between fingers, "It was awful, wasn't it?"

"It was quite entertaining," he said thoughtfully.

"Does Marcus know that you saw us?" she put her palm away, fidgeting with the handle of her bag.

"Of course not, it would kill him, if he knew he was being watched at his most vulnerable moment. I don't know if he'll live through the embarrassment what Darius caused you two," he chuckled a bit, "But I told Darius to be quiet about it."

"Thank you, for being a better friend to him," she chuckled genially, "By the way, how Darius is at fault for Marcus' behavior yesterday morning. He mentioned it when you came to invite me to watch a movie."

"Well, let's just say, that he gave Marcus advice for communication with you," he raised his brow and nodded at her, "But you saw for yourself, that he lacks skills in subtlety."

She laughed at that. Yeah, Darius and subtlety existed in the opposite parts of the Galaxy.

The door to the apartment opened, and Marcus with Darius emerged.

"Oh, Rrregina, good morning!" Darius purred her name, wiggled his brow, and blew a kiss. Subtle. Very subtle.

She groaned at him, "I don't know if Superman broke your brain, but it's just gross."