Chapter 34

Regina went with dad to the kitchen, where Mom and Clare were already preparing something to eat. They smiled seeing them, and Mom asked, "I see everything is as it should be between the two of you?"

"Yes, dear," Dad hugged Regina from the side, "Now everything is as it should be."

Regina sniffed, "Yes. Thank you, all of you. I'm so delighted to have you as my family. And from now on I'll do my best to be the daughter that suits you," she added with a hint of humor.

"Oh, come on, Regi, you're already a suitable family member," Clare chuckled, washing her hands, "We just want to be around you more often."

"Oh! I think I know how to do it." The brilliant idea came to her mind. She could ask the Boss to move her to Washington, that way she would have her job back, and be close to her family. She shared her thoughts, and everyone voiced their agreements accompanied with nods and more hugs.

It was so marvelous to feel the love coming from them. She was so blind before, but now she understood what Marcus had said to her about the love of close ones giving her strength and support.

Oh, no, Marcus and Darius, she almost forgot about them.

"Where are the guys?" Regina asked.

"I've sent them to take a shower in your room and put a laptop there. Marcus was about to have an online meeting with the President in twenty minutes. And this tall one probably is with him. He gave me heebie-jeebies," Clare shuddered in reminder.

"Okay, I'll go to the shower in your room then," she pecked a kiss on her sister's cheek. And then added, "If Darius comes alone, don't give him coffee."

"What's wrong with coffee?" Mom asked puzzled.

"Better not to give it to them, or they will tear down the house," Regina said laughing, "They don't have it on Mars and had a weird reaction to it, to put it mildly."

Everyone chuckled, and she went upstairs, her mood light. Until she realized, that Marcus was about to complete his mission. And their little vacation would be over.

She'd got her family and job back.

And he completed his mission and he's the Prince of Mars.

The bittersweet emotion swirled through her, leaving her lightheaded. She feared that combination of their achievements excluded any future together.