Chapter 22

Marcus heard footsteps in the corridor and knew it was Regina even before she knocked on his door. When he opened it, she stood there with her fist raised. She was so stunning, her cheeks blushing and her eyes glinting.

"You called, Captain?" she asked in a husky voice, a small smile tugging at her lips.

He was so angry when Kos had said that she drove somewhere alone only one night before the most important meeting. But when he saw her, his anger evaporated. She was here, whole and finally, he understood why he was so angry. He was afraid that something could happen to her and he wouldn't be there to save her.

"Yes. You couldn't wait for one more evening, could you? Are you so repulsed by us, that you needed to run away?" his tone was bitter. He didn't want to show her how deeply she'd hurt him, but words flew from his mouth before he could stop them, "Only one night, and you'll be free."

She was so tender with him for the whole day, even bared her soul to him in the evening, and almost kissed him back after. He thought that she would use the opportunity of the spare rooms, but she flew away. Darius was right. She was playing with him, and she didn't feel anything, while he was starting to crave her attention.

Without replying, she went inside and sat on his bed. She patted the space beside her, inviting him to sit there.

But he was fed up with everyone ordering him around. When he was in a car and gave himself to music, he poured out all of his uncertainty, frustration, irritation, and anger that were accruing in his body and soul in the recent past, and in their wake, he felt like his marrow filled with bright and clean energy. Joy filled his soul and he wanted to weep from the feeling of it. He didn't want to pretend anymore. He wanted to always be himself without any restraints. He needed to find a way of how to be a King without losing his personality. And he wanted to be selfish for five minutes. He wanted to feel Regina's warmth and prove to her that he wasn't a shitty kisser. He did his homework, by the way, while she was in some restaurant with Mars knew whom.

Her heavy-lidded gaze was roaming around his body, and his skin grew hot underneath the bathrobe. The shivers went down his spine, and it felt like she was touching him in the most intimate places. The sensation was so new that it only left him wanting more. Even if she played with him today, she was here now, and he wanted to feel her touch for real. He needed her.

In no time he was standing in front of her, her smoldering gaze dared him to do something with their chemistry, and he did. He pulled her to him and sealed his mouth over hers in a hard kiss. His arms went around her body, crushing her to him. His movements were at first chaotic from nervousness, but when he swiped his tongue over her seamed lips, she whimpered and opened her mouth to give him better access, grabbing his head and back in a vice grip. Her possessiveness did something to him. The growl came out from his chest, and the combination of her taste and touch made him stone hard. He needed the full connection to ease his aching need but didn't know what to do. Gripping her tighter, his bare leg pushed between hers on its own volition, and that connection left him breathless.

He was ravenous with his kisses, he couldn't understand how he lived without her and her mouth for all these years, and she answered him with the same passion of her own. He was lightheaded with the lack of oxygen, but he couldn't stop, he wanted more of her.

Still holding him, Regina went on the bed taking him with her.

He was pinning her down with his body as he kissed her. His bathrobe opened, giving her more access to his body, and her hands were roaming around, leaving hot trails of desire coursing through him. He was wrapped in her scent like in a cocoon, her lips sweet and tasted of wine, and he felt drunk from the sweet torture of her tongue and her sliding body beneath him.