S2, Ep 31: Them's the Breaks, Kid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Owl House

(Outside the Owl House, Luz, her echo mouse, and King are trying new glyph combinations. The first one shown is of a small whirlwind, the second one is a water fountain, the third one is a petrification glyph that turns the Beefy Bob toy on top of it into stone, and Luz is then shown drawing a fourth glyph)

Luz: Alright, maybe it's this one!

(She activates the glyph, and a monstrous claw sprouts from it. Luz, upon seeing it, screams in surprise and backs up. Y/n instantly bursts through the door, with his staff in hand, and destroys the claw, which turns into goo which splatters Ryu, King, and Luz)

Luz: Safe!

(Both her and King wipe the goo off their faces. Ryu pops out of Y/n's staff and shakes all the goo out of his furr)

Luz: Thanks, Y/n.

(She grabs her notepad and a pencil)

Luz: That was.. definitely not the one.

(She crosses out the glyph on her notepad and labeling "NO" next to it. Y/n picks up the petrified Beefy Bob and it crumbles)

Y/n: Eugh.

(He shivers. Eda walks out of the house and looks at Luz confused)

Eda: What are you doing out here?

Luz: I started going through Philip Wittebane's diary again. Since Y/n's trip with Lilith, we found out that a lot of his margin doodles were actually unfinished glyph combos.

(She sighs and looks down dejectedly)

Luz: I thought maybe they could help with the portal door but...

(The claw rises again but is swallowed by Hooty)

Luz: No luck.

Y/n: Maybe it's for the best?

Eda: For sure. I don't like that you're still thinking about that creep.

(Luz sighs)

Luz: I know.

(She curls up and pulls her hood over her head)

Luz: I just miss my mom.

(King looks at Y/n and Eda and points at Luz. Y/n and Eda look at each other, Eda kneels down)

Y/n: Let's take a break, huh?

(No response from Luz)

Eda: Maybe... we could tell you... a story?

(Luz instantly approaches Eda's face with a look of curiousness)

Luz: Like a backstory kind of story?

Eda: Yes.

(Luz sits excitedly with King in her arms, him holding her echo mouse and Hooty circles around them)

Hooty: Hoooooot!

Y/n: You're telling that story?

Eda: Of course I am. What? Embarrassed~

(Y/n scoffs and folds his arms)

Y/n: Of course not!

Eda: Well then. This is the story of how I met the two most coolest, baddest, kick-buttiest witches of all time: Y/n and Raine Whispers.