S2, Ep 17: Separate Tides

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cave

(The chapter starts with Luz holding a ball of light in one hand and carrying the Owl Staff in the other through a cave. She stops when she sees a large shadow on the wall in front of her. Offscreen there is a deep laugh. Luz gasps)

Garlog: Foolish child. Leave this place before you meet your demise.

Luz: Do not underestimate me, Garlog. For I am the good , Luz, hunter of monsters.

(She perches the staff on her shoulder like a bazooka)

Luz: Now eat this sucka— what?

(Garlog turns out to be a tiny creature casting a shadow standing in front of a lantern. Luz picks him up and he lets out a squeak trying to escape)

Luz: You're Garlog?

(She pulls out his wanted poster, depicting him as being much larger and worth 4,000 snails, compares it to the real thing)

Luz: This is pathetic.

Garlog: Small I may be, but you will soon know fear when I lay waste to all that you—

(He gets cut off by King, who eats him whole)

Luz: King, drop it now. Drop it now!

(King mumbles and runs off and Luz starts to chase after him)

Luz: Drop it! No! I'm not gonna play right now! King! 

The Owl House

(The Owl House is shown, wind howling. In Luz's room, Garlog is stuffed in a bottle while Luz sets her phone against it. Luz boops Garlog's nose)

Luz: Boop!

(She turns on camera to say hello to her mother)

Luz: Hola, Mama! You haven't heard from me in a while. It's been a week and a half since the petrification ceremony. A week and a half since I destroyed the portal home. I had to. Emperor Belos was going to kill Y/n and Eda if I didn't hand it over. But I couldn't let him use it, so I blew it up with some magic fire...

(Luz sighs and talks to herself)

Luz: She's not gonna understand any of this. That's okay, Luz. Just keep moving forward.

(She turns back towards her phone)

Luz: This world is filled with inexplicable magical wonders, like this portal key!

(She pulls out the item in question)

Luz: I don't know if it contains magic, but I'm gonna study all I can, and find a way back to you. A-And look!

(She lifts up her leg to show King holding onto it)

Luz: I have friends to help me.

King: I'm never letting you go! You're never returning to the human realm!

Luz: He doesn't mean that.

(She covers the camera)

King: Yes, I do!

-----Time Skip-----

(Eda is in the kitchen, where she is trying to cast magic by pouring a cup of apple blood)