S1, Ep 13: Enchanting Grom Fright

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Owl House

(The chapter starts in the living room of the Owl House. King is watching videos on Luz's phone while he sits on Y/n's lap. On the other end of the couch Luz uses a magnifying glass to look at a flower)

Luz: Come on! Work this time.

(She replicates a plant glyph, activates it, gasps when a flower successfully grows)

Luz: Yes! Check it out, guys: my glyph skills are blossoming!

Y/n: Good job Luz.

King: You think that's impressive? Check this out! Two warriors battling to the death!

(On the phone, two cats meow. One prepares to pounce on the other but falls on its back. Luz looks at the open portal door)

Luz: Ah. I see we're getting enough Wi-Fi through the portal for cat videos.

King: Senseless violence. Yes, attack! Death is your god!

Y/n: I think this internet is a bad influence on him.

Luz: Yeah... I regret teaching you about the Internet.

King: Hah! What possible regrets could come from the Internet? Oh! Did you know that the Earth is actually flat?

Y/n: Yep, that's not right, not even close.

(Y/n takes Luz's phone and hands it back to Luz as it vibrates. She got a text from her reading, "How's camp today, cariño? <3, Mamá." Luz gulps. She starts typing "I", then deletes it. "I'm" and "It" are also typed and quickly deleted. She ends up sending a thumbs-up emoji)

Luz: Good enough.

Y/n: Is it really?

King: Yes it is Y/n, a severed hand! It's a perfect response.

(Luz flops down on the couch and puts a pillow on her face)

Luz: Ugh! What am I supposed to say?

(She sits back up)

Luz: "Hey, Mom, not at camp actually! I'm in the demon realm learning to be a witch! Also, did you know demons and magic are real?" She. Will. End me.

Y/n: She wouldn't "End" you Luz. All she would do is be mad and not let you out of the house.

King: She'd be freaked out by our world anyway. So actually, by keeping the truth from her, you're doing her a favor!

Y/n: King's right. For now you honestly shouldn't tell her.

Luz: Hm. The demon on my shoulder and the handsome man makes good points.

King: Always trust a shoulder demon!

(He takes the phone. Hooty opens the door)

Hooty: Hoot hoot, Y/n! Luz! Time to fill up thoes darling little heads of yours with...

(He regurgitates two stacks of books onto the ground)

Hooty: Mm-hmm. Delicious knowledge!

(Willow and Gus look in from the doorway)

Gus: Please hurry!

Willow: The more I look at him, the more uncomfortable I get.

Hooty: Hoot hoot!