S1, Ep 4: I Was a Teenage Abomination

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beach

(Currently Y/n, Luz, Kind and Eda are standing on a beach)

Eda: Well, Luz.

(She elbows Luz)

Eda: Did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?

(She gestures to a corpse of a trash slug that towers over them. It's surrounded by trash and muck. Flies audibly buzz around the corpse)

Luz: I don't like this.

Y/n: A trash slug. A dumpster full of treasures from all around the world.

(Eda walks up to the slug)

Eda: Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside.

(She pulls a rubber chicken from the trash slug's mouth)

Eda: Until, blam, it gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate.

(Eda pulls out a pickaxe)

Luz: Please don't make us.

(Eda points a pickaxe towards Y/n)

Y/n: How many times have I told you that I'll never do this.

King: Aw, come on, Luz.

(He unfurls a blanket and sets it down onto the ground)

King: It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass.

Eda: Ah, nuts to you all.

(Eda swings the pick at the trash slug)

Luz: So, Eda...

(Glass shatteres as eda continues to mine the slug)

Luz: What if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship? Like... Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or—

(Eda tosses things from the slug)

Eda: Ugh. That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff.

Luz: Wait. Is there a magic school here? Like, winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life kind of magic school?

Y/n: Yeah, if I remember correctly, it's nearby.

(Luz gasps, stars in her eyes)

Eda: Mm-hmm. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way. But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful. I didn't finish school, and look at me! Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?

(Flies are flying around the pile of trash Eda is currently standing in)

Y/n: I don't.

(Luz's expression falls)

Eda: Uh... Hey, here's a lesson. A great witch is resourceful,

(She sticks Luz's hand in a puddle of trash slug bile)

Eda: like this.

(Eda drags Luz's hand back and forth before letting go. Luz continues digging until she pulls something out)