S2, Ep 25: Eclipse Lake

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emperor's Castle

(The chapter starts in the Emperor's Castle, where Belos has completely rebuilt the portal. He has an Abomaton inject a green substance into the door lock before using a pieced together key to open it. However, the key is instantly vaporized. Nearby, Hunter observes the test when Flapjack flies by and chirps. Hunter quietly swats Flapjack)

Hunter: Shoo!

Emperor Belos: Would you like to see how it works, Hunter?

(Hunter gasps and hides Flapjack, who turned into his wood form, in his cloak before approaching)

Hunter: I didn't mean to hide, Emperor Belos.

(Belos turns around, and his maskless face is revealed to have a green scar)

Emperor Belos: We found every piece of the door. But without the power of the real key, it refuses to open.

(Hunter looks at Belos curiously)

Hunter: Is it true that rain doesn't boil in the Human Realm?

Emperor Belos: It is. You know, I've been there before. Did I ever tell you that?

(Hunter shakes his head)

Emperor Belos: The trees there are green. Nights are quiet. I look forward to seeing it again. Were you spying on me just to hear these boring stories?

Hunter: The operation at the Knee, why did you switch me out with Kikimora?

Emperor Belos: Everyone has a use, Hunter. Kikimora has her intricate little plans. The scouts carry out orders. And you, well, the Titan has big plans for you, and it would such a hassle to find a replacement. So, right now, you can be useful by staying safe in the castle.

(Belos escorts Hunter out of the room)

Hunter: If this is punishment for failing my last mission, I swear I can do better.

Emperor Belos: Goodnight, Hunter.

(He closes the door. Unsatisfied, Hunter turns and runs off)

The Owl House

(Amity is walking down a hall of the Owl House holding a clipboard)

Amity: Hooty, what's your status?

(Hooty breaks through a window)

Hooty: The perimeter's secured. Nothing's getting past me.

Amity: Good.

(She walks off)

Amity: Clean up that mess.

Hooty: Ma'am.

(Hooty sweeps the broken window pieces away with his body. In the kitchen Willow, accompanied by Clover, places bags down on the table)

Amity: Willow, have you gathered the supplies?

(Willow salutes)

Willow: Yes, we are ready to attack this on all fronts.

(Amity gives a thumbs up)

Amity: Excellent.

(A white cat comes up to her, leaving a dead spider at her feet)

Amity: Aw, Ghost. Did you help too?