S2, Ep 23: Eda's Requiem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Owl House

(The chapter starts on a checklist that Eda's looking over in her room. It reads, "New coat for Luz", "Check itchy boy", "Pay water bill", "Clean Hooty (?)" and "Burn old dress")

Eda: Luz needs a new coat. King needs to be checked for fleas. Am I missing anything? I feel like Y/n told me to do something.

(She looks at her reflection)

Eda: Oh, you've changed, Owl Lady.

(She takes a photo of her with her apprentice, Y/n and friend at Grom and looks at it)

Eda: It's worth it.

(Eda hears Luz's and King's voices outside)

Luz: And three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight, and nine, and ten!

King: And weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh!

(Eda opens her window and smiles as she looks down and sees Luz and King doing pull-ups on her staff in midair)

Luz: Alright, King. What's the first thing you're going to do when you meet your dad?

King: And ten thousand! Well, once we're done training, I'm gonna move out of that closet, that's for sure. Then, I'm going to ugly cry. Hard!

Luz: Have you told Y/n and Eda about your decision to le—?

King: Shh!

(They hear a noise and looks up. Eda's window is closed. The herself is crouching under the window frame)

King: I— I'm not ready yet. I'm not sure how they'll react.

(Eda sighs)

Eda: Everyone but Y/n's leaving, huh? Even King. I guess me and Y/n are no substitutes for the real things.

(Eda opens her trunk to place the photo in and spots a bell cittern with a raincloud and bolt that are inside a flame carved into it. She puts the photo in her hair and picks the cittern up)

Eda: Welp, nothing like a good distraction.

(Eda starts playing a song which we later come to know as "Raine's Rhapsody". Outside Eda's room, Y/n is walking across it but stops when he hears the familiar song being played)

Y/n: Raine's Rhapsody huh...

(Everything around Eda starts to float causing her to gasp)

Eda: Has my magic returned?

(She stops playing and everything falls down)

Eda: Oh, guess not. Stupid curse.

Y/n: It's been a while since I heard that.

(Eda turns towards the door and sees Y/n leaning against the door frame, smiling at Eda. She chuckles a little)

Eda: Yeah it sure has.

(They both stay silent for a second before Eda tries to change the subject)

Eda: So what did you say we needed to get?

(Eda puts the cittern back in the trunk and returns to her list)

Y/n: We need more apple blood, again.