Chapter 21

Upon hearing Huening Kai's words, Taehyun's heart sank deeply down his stomach as he forgot how to move his lungs to breathe. He couldn't believe what he just heard from the younger and he didn't want to die early, he doesn't even—

"Taehyun, you're becoming way more pale. Breathe and drink this water to calm you down." Huening Kai tossed him his unused water bottle that's filled with liquid to drink as Taehyun opened it and drank the water.

Taehyun mumbled a small thank you, wiping the liquid that flowed down his own mouth with the palm of his hand, panting quite a bit because of drinking too much as he was out of breath.

Both of them heard soft hums that was getting louder, the red hair felt a little bit conscious and his stomach was heating up while his brain slowly ached. His chest tightening before struggling to breathe.

"Huening.." He called out of breath, losing balance before his arm was slammed to the table to steady himself and his eyes was shut close.

He opened his eyes again and appeared to see a women leaning against the door with a fitted black dress and a long black hair, smoke filling up the room because of the lighted cigarette the unknown women held.

"I'm sorry.." Huening Kai whispered before using his powers to completely knock Taehyun out, fainting with the use of his power and closing his eyes as he can no longer hold it.

+×+

Slow burn. That's what Beomgyu calls it; between the both of them, their useless so-called friendship. It's like the start of a small fire that increases larger in every second that passes, burning everything they made that comes in touch with the fire as it turns into black and grey ashes; disappearing into the cold air.

The older was unfazed by the noise outside and stuck in his mind that locks him up completely when you enter it; until the soulmate feelings kicked inside his body.

"Ah!" He yelled unexpectedly from the pain, he gritted his teeth to prevent him from yelling out of pain because his chest was hurting badly and he couldn't breathe properly. Beomgyu punched his chest lightly to ease it out but it only made the pain worser, great choice Beomgyu.

Beomgyu breathe heavily, he drank the water that was near him as he gulped every single water that was inside the bottle.

It eased the pain but it wasn't too long to ease it, what was weird was the soulmate feelings was staying in too long inside his body. It was usual for others but it isn't normal nor it's okay, this is a sign where the soulmate feelings can stop coming and currently becoming longer as a warning because the person isn't going to be there anymore. When they are dead.

He can't just stay here, right? But he can't do anything either. Oh, Beomgyu is panicking but what does it even do?

The soulmate feelings backed out, slowly disappearing. His head craned left to the noise that was heard, shuffling and mumbling sounds. Beomgyu was aware that it was a person, not an animal.

"Who's there?" Beomgyu asked, his hand reaching towards the noise. However, his hand was pulled back to himself and his sight turned black due to the clothing that blocked his entire head.

Beomgyu tried to fight back as he grabbed everywhere he can hold but in vain when he passed out because of the effect the cloth gave. Well, all we know he is doomed.

+×+

Taehyun woke up laying in the bed inside the infirmary, his vision very blurry and his head aching badly. All he remember is that Huening Kai gave him some weird water and he said sorry then knocked him out.