Chapter 17

Beomgyu waited for Taehyun's lips to met against his but it never appeared, opening his half-closed lids as his orbs looked through Taehyun's; the brown eyes washing with scare, as it mixed with confusion like a spatula moving and twirling around the emotions for it to get mixed up.

"I'm sorry." Taehyun apologized, quickly getting off of him and his hesitant action didn't go unnoticed by Beomgyu. Making the older's eyebrows frown, his eyes wandering around Taehyun as he observed him.

Why is he now apologizing? Taehyun was the first one to lead the kiss, the first one who leaned in; yet, he seemed to regret the kiss. It pained Beomgyu, his heart clenching; feeling like his own heart is getting squished by a hand as blood flowed down slowly.

He can't even force himself to ask Taehyun. Beomgyu didn't want him to be uncomfortable around him, with the awkward tension creating larger in the air. However, he also know very well that Taehyun would ignore his question and throw it away like he used to do.

Taehyun laid beside his bed, relaxing his body to the mattress with a spinning mind and bombarding questions inside his head. Eyes blankly staring at the ceiling of the room, yet his thoughts filled with statements.

"Taehyun.." Beomgyu called out again, his voice low.

The younger hummed as a reply while he tiredly closed his eyes, waiting for the next words to come out of Beomgyu's mouth with open ears; intently listening to him.

"I heard you have a crush. Mind telling me who is it?" He asked, genuinely curious about his answer. Well, this topic did hit the silence.

After a while, Taehyun finally chose to answer which Beomgyu didn't want to hear. "That's just some fake rumors made up by the students. Additionally, even if I have a crush; I wouldn't tell you it."

Beomgyu's mouth create a 'tsk', clicking his tongue. His hands gave all the strength it have and grabbed Taehyun's back, pushing him purposely to get off the bed.

Replying with this childish action of Beomgyu, he grabbed the older's wrist as he turned around to face Beomgyu. Pulling his wrist back, grabbing along Beomgyu's body closer against his.

Soulmate feelings kicked in again, almost every unexplainable moment every time. Taehyun felt his heart racing; the beat of his heart rapidly beating against his ribcage, making himself feel it in his chest.

The younger felt Beomgyu's hot breath against his, he started to open his mouth to say something; his lips slowly parting away from each other while his mouth agape.

"Don't you feel like your heart is racing?" Beomgyu asked, Taehyun wondered how he found out; was it obvious?

He didn't show any expression, just emotionless one and Taehyun stared deep right at Beomgyu's eyes. However, he's not that type of person for people to easily read him and he gets that pretty much often by people. So how does Beomgyu know? Maybe, he was so close to Beomgyu that he can even hear his heart beat? Is it that loud? But how —

Knock, knock.

"Taehyun-ah, Beomgyu. Do you want some fruit? It's watermelon.." Soobin's soft and gentle voice came out, both of their eyes hearing the vocal right outside the door of the bedroom. Knocking again twice to receive some reply from them but only their heads faced to the door.

Beomgyu's head whipped towards Taehyun who shook his head, sitting up straight then leaving the bed. Taehyun walked towards the door as he unlocked it by twisting the doorknob, revealing a surprised Soobin.

"Oh. Taehyun, Want some?" Soobin asked, lifting up the plate that's filled with watermelon slices. Smiling with his dimples cutely showing on his cheeks.