Chapter 14

"So you talk about me, huh?" Taehyun smirked widely, his ears going up as he smiled. Beomgyu's eyes gaze right at Taehyun but softly somehow, a smile tugging his lips; not annoyed at Taehyun's remark.

Nodding his head as an agreement made Taehyun shocked because having the gut to answer honestly is kind of surprising for him but proud as well for not being scared anymore and no taking back the accidentally said words, the red hair's eyebrows lifting up as his eyes did too before giving Beomgyu an affiliative smile.

They heard a voice in Beomgyu's phone which is Soobin, asking for Taehyun to come along with Beomgyu to their house for his brothers to meet him. "Taehyunnie, wanna come with us and eat dinner together if your parents allow you?" He asked politely and for his parent's consent, voice gentle while speaking and asking him since he's new.

That was the most jaw-dropping, eyes widening and jumpscaring question for the both of them; mostly Taehyun. Taehyun, as in him? Going to eat dinner with his enemy's brothers? The younger wanted to decline that offer but how can he say 'no' when Beomgyu's brother is literally so polite and sounded like he actually want Taehyun to join their dinner even if he was a stranger to them?

"Ah.." He kept pondering whether if he should go or not. "Are you sure? I m-might make you uncomfortable.." Taehyun stuttered while talking about his reason why he was taking so long to decide, hesitant of his own decision for once.

Since he was talking to the both of his brothers, definitely and needless to say Yeonjun would butt in the conversation. "No! Of course not. After all, we want to meet you even in the past but couldn't because of Beomgyu." Beomgyu can see Yeonjun smirking, even if the phone call or screen can't see his face; trying to irritate him.

Explanation of Beomgyu is what Taehyun needs right now. 'What is he saying!? Because of Beomgyu?' Taehyun looked at Beomgyu confusingly, blinking numerous times for a sign that he wants Beomgyu to explain what is his brother saying about himself and Beomgyu. The brown hair shook his head left and right rapidly as he disagreed Taehyun's assumption, basically in denial.

Even before Taehyun says his final decision, the result of being impatient meets them. "Soobin will pick you guys up at school and I'll cook dinner for us. Taehyun will be coming, goodbye!" Yeonjun rapped his words before waving his hand at the screen and ended the phone call quickly, not waiting for their reply.

Taehyun whipped his head towards Beomgyu, eyes wide open and scratching the back of his head slowly. "I.. I didn't say that I would.. c-come..?" He answered shakily, feeling extremely nervous as it takes over his body. "I don't even have any permission from my father yet!" He whispered loudly, his turn of taking out his phone from his pocket and immediately texting his father.

Kang Namhyun

Can I go to someone's house
and eat there please?
10:01pm Seen

This was unexpected since Namhyun, which is Taehyun's father, already saw his text fast. It was rare since his father is always busy and didn't even get to put his attention on his son, it's always job there, job here. Taehyun don't know anymore if it's really a job or just that his father doesn't like him, giving careless action towards his own child.

His father replied with a short and dry 'Ok.' but it was enough for Taehyun, at least his father replied unlike what he used to do; leaving it seen without giving any reply. It's like it's not his father anymore, just a friend but Taehyun can't feel him or say it like that; it's very rude and disrespectful.

Not even a hour passed of waiting, Soobin already arrived in the school and walking towards the building with two umbrellas; one umbrella he's using for him to cover himself above the rain and one umbrella on his hand for Taehyun and Beomgyu to use.

Both of Taehyun's eyes widened, just one!? How is he suppose to share an umbrella with Beomgyu? Also, what Soobin is using right at the moment is small, only one person can use it. Not two! And no, Taehyun doesn't want to share an umbrella with a dumb idiot. However, there's no other choice but to deal with it. Besides, it's not going to end up bad right?

Once Soobin reached them, he handed the one umbrella that bothers Taehyun to them. "You guys have to share an umbrella because I forgot to bring another one, Yeonjun hyung told me to rush so." Soobin smiled, giggling for a short moment and his hand scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

Unexpectedly, no one denied for the first time. Taehyun kept his mouth shut because Beomgyu's brother was Infront and he can't embarrass himself for arguing and denying over a small thing; sharing an umbrella with Beomgyu. The brown hair didn't mind at all, he didn't decide to decline it anyways. Additionally, Beomgyu didn't even notice that they have to share an umbrella or so, he didn't have the energy to bicker about it.

Sharing an umbrella wasn't bad at all, Beomgyu was the one holding and the umbrella mostly covered Taehyun's body and the brown hair male was slightly getting wet; he didn't mind it, at least Taehyun isn't wet.

After walking, they reached the car. Soobin went inside first at the driver's seat as the other two went to the backseat, no one wanting to go to the passenger since it was a bother to go all the way to the other side of the car. Even if the other person wants to go to the passenger seat next to Soobin, he instead sat on the backseat.

The car started moving when Soobin drove, now going to their house to eat late dinner. Soobin and Yeonjun also skipped dinner due to Beomgyu's absence panicking them, very worried of where he had gone to.

Soobin spoke, "Also, we will only be eating tteokbokki this night. Is that okay with you, Taehyun?" He asked while driving, his head turning slightly fast and put his attention now on the dark road.

Taehyun nod his head, smiling a little bit; shy around him. Beomgyu got bored of the silence after that short conversation, his fingers ticking and tapping his lap. When he got enough, he asked Soobin.

"Soobin hyung, can you play some music?" Beomgyu asked, his body leaning to the back of the seat where Soobin is sitting and head turning to the side. Soobin looked at Beomgyu confusingly before his other hand played some music in the car as it started playing.

"Love Talk by WayV."

+×+

Who else likes Love Talk here? 🙋

Thoughts about the chapter?

Please support, vote and comment for this book! I'd appreciate it.

-Gyuhyun