Chapter 13

"I like you." Beomgyu said in a lower voice, bright eyes looking straight at Taehyun's pink ones. The older's cheeks tinted bright red, eyes looking away from Taehyun while his head turned to a different direction because of feeling way too flustered that he can't make eye contact anymore.

Taehyun's eyes widened, he waited for Beomgyu to take his words back but no words were heard for a few seconds. "You.." He stopped and inhaled shakily, "You like me?" Taehyun questioned, he can't believe Beomgyu said that. There's no way someone likes him, Taehyun always thinks that no one likes him romantically. He never heard any confession from anyone, not a single love letter either; which means this is new.

It was Beomgyu's turn for him to be shocked, processing what he just said to Taehyun. 'Why is my body out of control today!?' He thought, Beomgyu began to have a slight headache. Beomgyu shook his head rapidly, "I mean.. not romantically." He said as if he read Taehyun's thoughts, the atmosphere getting awkward further the silence continued.

No one dared to speak, except Taehyun who finished thinking about his words that he will say to Beomgyu. "Of course, you said earlier we are not gay or anything." He spoke out and shrugged as he tried getting away the awkward silence, gulping his saliva down; his throat and lips getting dry.

That's when the soulmate kicked in. Both of their heads began to hurt, the feeling of their soulmate coming in their body. Taehyun felt disappointed, Beomgyu felt awkward. The situation they are in is very similar to the emotion they are feeling, thoughts involving their headaches as the soulmate feelings disappeared. However,  who knows if they are actually right? Guesses, assumption, coincidences and misunderstandings. How will they even get their soulmates correct?

By communication? People can lie about their feelings, they can get away with excuses. Manipulation exists in this world, whoever wants to be their soulmate; they can have it, whether if the people is good at hiding their lies or the person can get stuck in the trap with no escape. There's no other people you can trust with, it's always manipulation or pathological liar.

Taehyun stood up, "Let's go out now that you have stopped crying." He walked towards the door, his hand twisting the doorknob and pushed it forward. Beomgyu behind followed along, holding the bag strap and swinging the bag at his back. The rain hasn't stopped yet, it's still strong as earlier; which means Taehyun and Beomgyu.. have to share an umbrella or a ride.

The younger felt his shirt being slightly pulled as it go down several times, Beomgyu tugged Taehyun's hem of the shirt to gain his attention because he have something to say to him.

"Can I go with you?" He asked for his permission, looking like a stray maltese that is looking for a home; eyes quite red and puffy from crying, large shiny orbs that's giving puppy eyes, Taehyun's shirt that is way too huge for him which makes him look tiny and can fit through a pocket.

Taehyun's mouth opened a little bit to speak but stopped, hesitant to answer his question. "Can't you just call your brothers to pick you up?" He answered Beomgyu with a question, tilting his head as his hand gently grabbed and put it on top of Beomgyu's hand that was still gripping Taehyun's shirt with the near hand of his because he want the older to stop grabbing his shirt tightly.

He shook his head left to right slightly but rapidly, answering Taehyun's question. "I can't! I don't want to bother them, they are still in work." Beomgyu reasoned out why, his bottom lips lifting up; pouting, trying to show his cuteness for Taehyun to give in.

His eyebrows knitted together before frowning before asking, "Huh? At a time like this?" Right, it was almost 10:00pm. Taehyun missed his dinner because of helping Beomgyu, is that how much they spent time inside the infirmary? They both didn't even realize it's that late and they haven't even inform their family members yet.