Chapter 32

Lucy's pov
"Chris Stanford!" I hear Greys voice, I immediately spin around. I see Grey, Tim and Angela walking towards us.
I tightly hold Chris's hand and keep my other hand on my stomach.
Breathe.
"Yeah" Chris says turning around.
"You are under arrest on suspicion of rape and domestic abuse" Grey says taking a hold of Chris's hands, he continues to say his rights to him but i can't even focus on it.
It's like my whole world has just stopped.
My eyes glaze over as I see him being taken to the car. I feel my heart racing, my throat goes dry. I tightly hold my stomach with both hands.

I see Tim walking towards me, I just roll my eyes and look at Chris as he gets into the car.
"I love you too" Chris says as the door closes and Grey and Angela get in the car and drive off.  A tear rolls down my face. He said it. He said it back.
"Lucy.."
"Save it. Just go" I say as I turn to walk into the house.
"Hey" Tim says as he tries to take ahold of my hand to turn me around. I flinch and pull my arm back away from him. "Can we talk?"
"Talk about what?"
"Can I come in?"

"Tim.. this whole Chris obsession thing is going too far" I say as I open the door and gesture for him to come inside, I close the door behind us. "You know you have no legal obligation to arrest him, I don't understand your obsession to him."
"Actually Lucy we do, and you know that Chris knew that as he went in so easily. You're safe now, please talk to me"
"How do you?! There is no reason for you to have taken him! Taken my fiancé, my baby's dad!"
"Lucy.. the doctor saw the marks on your hips, the finger nail marks...the bruising around it. We have 24 hours you know this.."
Shit.
"That doesn't mean anything.." I say slightly panicking.
"Explain the marks then" he says firmly.
"You really want to know?"
"Yes Lucy I do. I mean I don't want to know he's hurting you but I do because I want to help you!" He snaps at me.
I flinch, and step back.
"Woah Lucy..hey..you're safe"
"Sorry.. I'm just tired and it's been a long day that's all"
"Tired?"
"Yes Tim I'm tired, I'm allowed to be tired. But I'm not allowed all this added stress, it's not helping my baby okay. And you would know that as you heard what the doctor said."
"My baby?"
"What now?"
"Just.. you've never said my baby"
"Gosh Tim just stop picking every word I say apart."
"I'm not trying to, but Lucy this is the first anyone has ever heard you say it's your baby let alone hold your stomach"
"It's not a big deal okay, not every woman is obsessed.."
"I didn't say you had to be obsessed.."he reaches his hand out and I gently take it, he looks at me intently for a second. "What do you need?"
"I.. don't know.. I just want the world to stop for a minute, I want to not have this pressure on me all the time.."
He places his other hand in top of the hand he was holding. "I'm afraid I don't have the power to stop the world for a minute but I may be able to help with the pressure. A lot of people care about you. I care about you Lucy.."
I bite my tongue trying to hold my tears in.
"Whatever it is Lucy.. I can help you the best I can.. I want to help.. I want that Lucy back that I met on your first day.."
"It's still me Tim.. I'm still the same Lucy.."
"You aren't.. that one Lucy would be laughing at me right now calling me a softie, you're not you and that's okay. We can find you again, just talk to me..let me in.. let me be there.."
"People change..life happens.. Caleb happened.. my parents happened.. this job happened.. a new relationship, new house, new baby on the way, a wedding to plan..of course I'm going to be different slightly. I'm stressed, but I'm okay"
"I know that, I know that a lot has happened. I know that Caleb was my fault. I take the blame for that but I can't sit back and watch Chris hurt you"
"Woah.. Tim Caleb wasn't your fault. You.. you couldn't have known.. there was nothing to suggest he would do anything.."
"I pushed you, you wanted to go home.."
"I made the decision to go. It wasn't your fault and it wasn't mine. You need to make peace with that. And I don't need you going around protecting me all the time because you feel this guilt. Is this why you're so obsessed with Chris?"
"I appreciate you saying that, I just felt so guilty about it. And you have to see where I'm coming from. The marks?"
"Yes but you had to ask for a favour for the doctor to check me like that so you had suspicions before hand.."
"Actually Lucy, it was Grey that pulled that favour in. Not me."
"Wow" i say stepping back.
"What?"
"Getting grey involved too? Why can't you all just leave me alone."
"People care about you why can't you see that!"
"Look I'll tell you the reason for the marks and then will you please just let this go.."
"I'm trying to help Lucy, just tell me okay.."
I take a deep breathe in, I don't know what to do..