Chapter 5

Lucy's pov
I get home and as I open the door Chris is stood leaning against the back of the sofa with his arms folded. Just staring at me.
I walk in and close the door.
"Babe I'm so sorry, I had to solve a case of a missing child. I'll make it up to you" i say but he doesn't say anything.
He just steps closer to me.
"Or was you out fucking your boss" he says and he puts boss in air quotation marks.
"No I wasn't. Babe what is this all about? Nothings happening with me and Tim. He's my boss" I say to him feeling my heart beating out of my chest.
"You seemed a little too friendly earlier when I saw you at lunch. You're seriously lying me to right now that you aren't fucking him?" He says he grabs hold of my hair dragging me to the wall.
"I.. I'm not fucking him.. nothing is happening.." I say stuttering. Why aren't my cop instincts kicking in? why am I letting him do this?
"Sure you're not. I mean why would he want to fuck a little bitch like you. You're suppose to be a police officer yet you can't even stand up to me" he almost growls at me as he says it.
He slaps me across the face.
He lets go off my hair.
"Go to bed you disgust me" he says as he spits in my face.
I freeze. I feel myself shaking.
"I said go!" He shouts again as he punches me in the stomach before pushing me towards the bedroom.
I walk into the bedroom, the door closes and a tear rolls down my cheek. I get changed into my pjs, I notice my stomachs red from where he punched me. It stings. My face has a red hand print mark which I know I'll have to cover up tomorrow mining.
I climb into bed, I roll to my side and just lay there. Constantly listening out for him.
At some point I must have dozed off because I hear my alarm going off, as I open my eyes i realise that Chris is laid rolled into me. His arms wrapped around my stomach. I lift my arm slightly to turn the alarm off.
He wakes up, and he kisses me on the cheek.
"Morning beautiful" he says smiling.
Did he really just say that after last night.
"Morning" I say as I don't want to start it all over again.
We both sit up and he looks at me.
"Shit babe did I do that to you?" He says.
I look at him confused.
"Mhm yeah but it's okay" i say.
"I'm so sorry babe I don't know what came over me. I really am sorry" he says as he kisses me.
"Don't worry about it, it's fine. I need get up and cover this before work" I say as I smile at him and get out of bed.
I get ready for work and then cover my face with some makeup. It stings a little.
"I'm heading off I'll see you tonight" he says.
"Okay babe" I say smiling at him.
"Again I'm sorry and I love you" he says as he kisses me on the cheek.
"It's okay and I love you too" I say and then i also head off to work.