Chapter 1

Lucy is a rookie and Tim is her To they're currently working a case and head to the DA's office where Chris is working. Lucy was kidnapped but Chris didn't work her case so he didn't sing that song to her.

Lucy's pov
"Come on boot, let's go speak to the DA's office and get some intel of this guy we have just arrested. Let's see if we can get him a longer sentence" Tim says firmly as we walk into the DA's office.
Id been before to the DA's office and I'd had the odd conversation with a Chris Stanford. Id never been with Tim, it was always with Nyla or occasionally Angela.
Chris wasn't my usual type, but he has a way with words and seems to make me laugh.
As I walk in, Chris immediately sees me. "Lucy, hey how are you doing?" He says walking over to me. I notice that Tim gives me this look.
Tim's a hard ass at times, but it's probably just his divorce as he has got worse since that.
Id met Isabelle. Tim had put me in danger as a rookie when he was trying to help her, it was the first time I stood up to Tim telling him that he's suppose to be training me not putting me in danger because he can't handle looking his wife. I remember seeing the shocked look on his face that I'd stood up to him. I later discovered that none of his other rookies had ever done, but I admit since that moment I somehow gained some of his respect.
"Hey, I'm okay how's you? How's the new apartment?" I ask him.
"I'm good, it's lovely to see you. And it's going great, in the middle of decorating if you'd like to come get your hands dirty" He says flirtatiously as he gentle touches my hand.
"I'd love to" I say smiling at him.
"Boot! We are working not here flirting!" Tim says firmly giving me this look.
The look meaning I'll be getting told in the shop.
"Yes sir" I say as I step towards the room we was going in.
"And Chris it's officer Chen to you, got it?" He snaps at Chris. Id not seen this side of Tim.
"Yes Sergeant Bradford, Officer Chen come round tonight?" He says as turns round to go back to his officer.
"I'll see you there, around 8pm?" I say knowing I'm just digging myself a grave.
"See you there" he says.
I walk into the room with Tim.

Tims pov
We walk into the DA's office and I notice instantly that Chris walks over to Lucy. He's obviously flirting and she's not exactly not flirting back.
Chris seems like a decent guy don't get me wrong, but I know Lucy has been through a lot with her parents and Caleb. Or is that what I'm just telling myself the reason for protecting her right now.
I feel like I pushed Lucy into Caleb's arms, I'm almost as bad as him.
"Boot! We are working not here flirting!" I say firmly at her staring at her. I don't know what came over me but I didn't like this.
She immediately looks shocked and pulled back. But she said "yes sir" and then I turn my attention to Chris.
I can tell that he doesn't like the way I've just spoken to her but she's my rookie, my boot.
"And Chris it's officer Chen to you, got it?" I snap at him yet he still tried to ask her to see him tonight.
I ignore it and head into the office with Lucy following behind.
She of course replies back to him.