Chapter 28

Lucy's pov
The phone rings. Fuck.
Chris moves his hand with the gun so it's now pressing into my stomach. I feel sick. I hate this. I can feel it pressing into me. Id rather him just shoot me in the head and have it over with.
I take a deep breathe in and i answer the phone.

Tim's pov
It's ringing why isn't she answering. Why isn't she answering. I swear if he's done anything to her..
"Ange" I say worriedly, I look at her and I can see the concern in her face.
"Just give it a second" she says trying to reassure me but I can't shake this feeling off.
I try and remain calm but all I can focus on is the sound from the phone ringing, not knowing what's on the other side. If she even answers that is.
It stops. The ringing stops, I look down and notice that she's answered. It's silent. Not a single sound, other than breathing. It's panic breathing I can tell, I wanted her to answer but I don't know what to or what I'm expecting. 
"Lucy it's Tim, just calling to see where you are as you're due back on the streets?" I say, I know I need to remain professional at first but then I can be Tim, be there for her personally.
It's silent, just the breaths. Then all of a sudden I hear something.

Lucy's pov
I don't know what to say, I know what Chris told me I should say, I know what I want to say. Part of it is what Chris has told me what to say. Im so conflicted.
Tim doesn't say anything for what feels like eternity but he eventually says "Lucy it's Tim, just calling to see where you are as you're due back on the streets?" He says in this concerned tone, i could recognise it from the whole barrel situation, it's how he spoke to me every time i seemed off after that.
I contemplate what to say, but as I do I feel Chris pressing the gun into me further and he just looks at me with this terrifying anger.
"Hi" I eventually say.

Tim's pov
"Hi"
Why is she just saying hi, somethings going on she would have answered the question. I'm trying to listen out for any nosies or anything in the background but all I can hear is her and her almost panicky breathing.
"Where are you? Are you coming back to work?" I ask her.
"I'm at home, I'm going to the hospital, something doesn't seem right with the baby so getting a check up" she says in this like firm tone.
"Is everything okay? Do you need blue lighting there?"
"No it's fine, I'm going to head off as we need to set off"
"Are you okay?"

Lucy's pov
"Are you okay?"
An easy question or it should have been. I know what I want to say deep down, I want to tell him what's going on but now I need to protect Tim and this baby that I didn't even acknowledge till recently. I can handle it. They shouldn't have to handle it because of me.
Chris had started to calm down till this, I've offered have a DNA test to prove this baby is his but he won't let me. Why did I have to take a nap in Tims office, how stupid am I.
"I'll see what the hospital says hey, look i need to go now" i say feeling the anger radiating from Chris, the look in his face, the way he's pressing the gun into me. I feel my eyes glazing over, I've got a headache from trying to hold these tears back because I know if I cry it'll make things worse.
"Will you be in tomorrow?"
I look at Chris, he just gives me this look.
"I'll see what the hospital say" i reply back hoping that this was the right answer.
"Okay, keep us updated. And Lucy I'm here for you" he says as i put the phone down.
Breathe Lucy. Breathe.

Tim's pov
The calls and I just immediately look at Angela, she's already looking directly at me.
"Okay Tim don't freak out but yeah that wasn't her" Angela says.
She's already too late at telling me not to freak out, it doesn't make sense.
"Too late Angela, something's wrong. It didn't sound like how she normally is and also the baby?"
"I'll admit yeah it didn't sound like her, not at all but the baby.. I don't know Tim that could be a possibility after the conversation I had with her about the baby. Something genuinely might be wrong, but yeah it wasn't her."
"Yeah it definitely wasn't her Angela, I need to go see her"
"Tim think about it"
"What?"
"It could be the baby.."
"Fuck yeah. I know that. I know that it could just be the baby. That something doesn't feel right and then she's not exactly been attached to the baby so do you think she's now panicking and feeling guilt as per say?"
"I honestly do Tim, I think that's why right now. But the past however long hasn't been her. Right now we just need to focus on what's going on right now with the baby. If it's stress causing this, then us questioning her constantly isn't going to be helping her"
"Yeah but how else can we find out if she's safe"
"I don't know Tim, I'll speak to Grey and see if there's anything that we can do. In the meantime don't go all Tim on anyone and just check in with her later. I'll speak to Nolan's friend who works at the hospital to see if she actually goes there"
"I appreciate it ange. I'm worried about her"
"So am I, but it could just be the baby and the stress of everything. I just don't want to rule anything out till we know for sure"