Chapter 2

Lucy's pov
We walk back to the shop, Tim doesn't say a word the whole walk back. But that's just Tim right?
I get in and he gets into the drivers side, and immediately starts driving. He keeps glancing at me but I try to ignore it.
I mean he's my TO.
The silence is deafening, there's no calls. All you can hear outside is the sound of the shop and normal streets of LA. But in the shop, you can hear my breathing, his breathing. It's like you can hear the silence.
We pull up at the station and he turns and looks at me.
"Chen, what was that about back at the DA's office?" He asks.
Did he really bring it up? Is he asking this right now?
"Respectfully Sir, I thought we don't have personal conversations in the shop" I say without even thinking about what I've just said.
"Boot I'm your TO, I'm asking you a question." He says more firmly.
"Yes sir and as part of your rules we don't have personal conversations in the shop so if this is one of your Tim Tests then I'm not failing it" i say as I turn to grab the door handle of the shop.
"Very well Chen but I also don't appreciate personal conversations while we are trying to be professional and do our jobs. So I suggest we don't flirt with the DA'a office when we are there on a job. Understood?" He says firmly as he gets out of the shop.
I get out and I look at him.
"You're making it seem like I was flirting with them all, it was Chris. You like Chris so I don't see an issue with it" I say as I turn to walk towards the lockers. I don't even give him a chance to reply back.
I walk into the lockers and I see Angela grabbing her stuff ready to leave.
"Chen, you up for coming to the bar? A few TOs and rookies are going?" She asks smiling.
"I've got plans tonight" i say as i grab my stuff and walk out of the lockers, Angela follows behind.
"No worries girl have a good time" she says. And then I see Nolan walking down with Tim.
"Lucy you coming?" Nolan asks and before i can even process what he asked nevermind opening my mouth.
"She's got plans" Tim says rolling his eyes.
"Thought Mr Tim Bradford didn't do personal conversations?" Angela asks chuckling.
"I don't but when she blatantly gets asked out in front of me then you know" He says realising what Angela is referring to.
I debated bringing up the fact he asked me in the shop afterwards but it's not worth the hassle so I just avoid it.
"I'm going before I'm late see you tomorrow" i say as I walk off smiling. 

Tim's pov
"Sure Timothy, come on let's go and you can tell me all about who's she's going to see" Angela says with this mischievous smile on her face.
I get in my car and of course it's the one time Angela needs a lift. We head to the bar but on the way she asks what feels like a million and one questions.
"So who is it?" Angela asks.
I try to play dumb but I know exactly what's she's talking about.
"Who?"
"Who Lucy is going on a date with? What they doing?" She asks.
"It's Chris and he said that he's decorating his new apartment and to go help if she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. Like come on. That's how he asks her out, how he wants their first date to be" I don't even realise I'm rambling about it.
"So you have feelings for Lucy?" She asks with that same mischievous smile.
"No, she's my boot and I'm her TO" i say.
"Very true not what I asked" she says.
"She's been through a lot with her parents and Caleb. I mean I pushed her into his hands. I just don't want to see her getting hurt"
"Caleb wasn't your fault, she doesn't blame you for that. No one does. She can handle herself you know that more than anyone as your her TO remember" Angela says chucking at the last part.

Lucy's pov
I arrive at Chris's new apartment, I get this anxious feeling in my stomach. These butterflies. It's my first date since well Caleb but he works in the DA's office and he knows Wesley so I know he's safe.
I get out of my car and I head to his front door. I knock.
He opens the door, with this smile on his face.
"Hey, come in" he says as he gestures for me to come in.
"Hey, sorry about earlier" I say referring to the whole Tim situation.
"It's no bother, he's your boss it's understandable" he says as he closes the door.
There's a few paint tins around, rollers. There's no carpet at the moment.
"Yeah but he was out of line, he shouldn't have spoken to you like that" I say as I look around.
"It's fine Lucy, don't worry about it. It wasn't the best way to ask you out but I'm glad I did. You look beautiful" he says as kisses me on the cheek.
"Thank you" I smile.
"There's some old spare clothes of mine in the bedroom if you want to put them on so you don't mucky your clothes" he says pointing towards the bedroom.
"Thank you" I say as I head into the bedroom and get changed.
The rest of the night, we painted the living room. He didn't trust me on the ladders to paint near the ceiling as i may or may not have nearly fallen getting down. We both just laughed.
"Am I allowed to do this bit nearly the ceiling, I promise I won't fall" i say looking at him. I'm pretty sure there is more paint on us both than there is on the walls.
"Too right you won't fall" he says as he walks over, putting his arms around me just under my arse lifting me up to the ceiling. I immediately start giggling at him doing this.
"You know I can do it myself" i say rolling my eyes as I paint the wall.
"Hmm shall we go back over the nearly falling off the ladder" he says laughing.
"It's not funny" i say rolling my eyes and giggling.
As I finish he pulls me back down slowly, as I feel my feet touch the floor he places his hand under my chin to turn my face to look at him.
He places his lips on mine and gently kisses me. He pulls back anxiously waiting to see what I do. I lean in and kiss him back. He places me down and I turn into him, locking my arms around his neck as he puts his hands on my arse.
He kisses me passionately, and then we both pull away smiling.
"You're a good kisser" he says wiping the lipstick of his lips.
"Thank you, but I should head off now. I've got work early and Tim is making me go in early to do some more paper work which is always fun" I say rolling my eyes walking towards the bedroom to get changed.
"He sounds so delightful" he chuckles.
"He's okay when you get to know him" i say as i close the bedroom door and get changed.
I walk back out, and he's just stood staring at me.
"I've enjoyed tonight thank you for coming and for helping" he says as kisses me on the cheek.
"I've enjoyed it too" i say kissing him back in his cheek.
"Let me know when you're home?" He says.
"I will do" I say as I head outside of his apartment and towards my car.
I get in and pull out of his drive way. I feel all excited and giggly in a way about how tonight went. I honestly really enjoyed it.