Chapter 3

Lucy's pov
5am.
Im sat in my car, in the station car park debating whether it's worth closing my eyes just for one second.
Bang bang.
I jolt up and look, and of course it's no other than Tim Bradford banging on the roof of my car. I roll my eyes and get out.
"Boot, was you debating going to sleep?" He says half jokingly half being deadly serious.
"Maybe Sir but you have got me here ridiculously early compared to the other rookies" i say yawning.
"Yes boot because you don't just stop. Hard work pays off. Now get in the station and meet in the office by 5:15 not a second later or you'll be walking behind the shop for an hour got it?" He says in a firm tone.
He's always an arse but my god was he worse today. I knew today was definitely going to be a long one, and I didn't have the energy for this.
"Yes Sir" I say as I walk into the station, and into the lockers. As I put my stuff away, I look in the mirror and just sigh.
"How did the date go?!" I hear an overly excited voice.
"It's 5am, how do you have so much energy" i say looking at Angela who has a massive smile on her face. 
"Because I want to know how it went! Did you stay over? Did you kiss? Did you leave your panties at his?" She says laughing hysterically.
"It went well, we kissed but that was it. I honestly had a really good time." I say as we start walking towards Tim's office. "Don't think I've ever laughed so much in a while, and I see something with him"
I say but then I feel the glare of Tim.
"Boot its 5:14 I suggest you get in my office within the next minute or you're walking behind the shop for an hour" he says as he opens the door. Then he turns and looks at Angela. "Also please don't be distracting her"
"Tim geez who pissed in your weetabix. I was only asking how last night went and if she was safe"
Angela says rolling her eyes. The door closes and I just grab the paperwork and make a start.
After a few minutes Tim walks back in.

Tim's pov
"Tim geez who pissed in your weetabix. I was only asking how last night went and if she was safe"
Angela says rolling her eyes. The door closes.
"And? How did it go" I ask her.
"Oh so you do care?" She says smiling.
"She's my boot. It's part of being her TO knowing if she's in danger and if she's going to be in the right head space to be working so she's not only putting herself, me and others in danger." I reply back to her.
"She said it went well, that she saw something with him. He made her laugh the most she has in a while" Angela replies.
I mean I'm happy she laughed and that it went well but why can't I shake this feeling of being jealous.
"Oh and the best part is they kissed" Angela says walking off laughing.
I know exactly what she's doing, she's a detective and a good one at that. She always knows things before everyone else does.
I walk into the office and Lucy's sat the spare desk doing her paperwork.
"Hope you got some sleep boot" i say to her.
"I did sir" she replies.
"How did it go last night?" I ask her. I know I shouldn't be but I just need to know.
"Sir we don't do personal conversations in the shop or have them with others when we are working" she says rolling her eyes. Sometimes I hated how she had the backbone to say these things back but it also made me smile at the fact she's the only one that's ever done that.
"Boot, I don't care about your personal life, I don't frankly want to hear about it. But I need to know because if it went badly I need to know you can keep professional when you see him, or if it went well again remaining professional" I reply back. "And if he's laid a finger on you then he goes behind bars for a long time"
"I thought you'd know me by now that I can keep professional but for the basis that you're my TO and apparently need to know it went well okay? I see something with him. Now can we let this go?" She says back.
"Yes boot now get that paper work finished"