CHAPTER 55

Ryujin's POV

I'm done. Finally, I'm done with my study. I'm beyond excited, I can't even sleep properly last night. I can't wait to see my uncle and tell him that not only I finished my education, I also found a beautiful woman to accompany me along my way to success.

"what are you thinking?" Sunoo interrupted me. we're on our way to the venue where the ceremony will be held.

"many things, man. I can't believe this." I stifled, smiling to myself.

"I wonder if Jake will be here. I mean, surely, Yeji will come, right?" Sunoo is sharing his own thoughts as well. "I asked him to come. I think he's a bit fruity."

"you're weird." I chuckled. "good luck up there. I'm gonna go to my seat." I found out that Sunoo is one of the students that got a perfect GPA. Me? I just got 3.8. that's enough for me. I've done my best.

I didn't bring my phone right now, so I don't know anything about my friends and sisters. I hope they come early because it's starting to get crowded in here. I wanna see them too.

I'm so bored that I didn't realize that the ceremony has started. I don't really listen to the speeches and some formality shits that happened. When the MC announced that they're about to call the graduates, I paid attention a bit. I know it'll take a long time for me to go up there, but I don't wanna miss it out.

When I'm about to close my eyes, feeling like I wanna fall asleep, the person beside me got called. Gosh, this is so boring.

"Han Ryujin." The MC called.

I quickly walk to the stage, take my diploma, and walk ahead. While doing that, I'm also looking at the audience. I can't really find Yeji or my sisters, though. I let my intrusive thought wins over me. I approach the MC and grab their mic.

"Shout out to my sisters, Jieun and Sohee. My best friend, Zuha. Thank you, man. And my beautiful girl, Hwang Yeji. I love you, baby!!!"

I hurriedly runs down the stage before the ceremony got longer. I'm satisfied with what I said with the 'given' time. well, I snatched the mic, so I was not given anything. as long as the graduates cheered for me, it's not a problem.

-

I met up with Sunoo right outside the building. The bachelors are seeing their families and friends while me and Sunoo are waiting for ours still.

"I can't call them. My dad always silenced his phone. sucks." Sunoo sneered. "what about you?"

"didn't bring my phone." I shrugged. I'm just gonna trust them to find me. I mean, I'm not that far from the entrance.

"they should be coming out from the back entrance. Are you gonna look for them?" Sunoo asked, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"c'mon."

We both started walking as well as looking around just in case we found our family. I haven't seen them.

"oh! that's my parents!" Sunoo suddenly squealed. "I'm gonna leave you here. bye, Ryu!"

I got taken aback. Now I'm here watching the bachelors hanging out with their family and I still have to look for them.

"my niece!"

I heard my uncle's voice. Hell! I was hoping that he'd come, but now that he's really here, my excitement is above the clouds. When I found where he is, I run up to him and give him a tight hug. I missed him.

"can I get a hug too?" I see Zuha showed up out of nowhere.

"hell, no." I jokingly raised my eyebrow and scoffed at her.

"congrats, sis." Sohee got a bottle of champagne on her hand. "you gotta chug this." Jieun followed beside her.

"did you plan all of that? when you just suddenly gave a shout out to your friends." My uncle asked. "you didn't gave one to me."

"I didn't know you'd come. I mean, I expected you." I chuckled.

"you mentioned a girl. who's she?" he asked. "where, exactly?"

"Ryujin~!"

I look up to see the girl in question, with a big bouquet of flowers. Yeji smiles brightly at me with Julia catching up behind her with a fancy paper bag.

"thank you!" I go up to her and give her a hug before taking the flowers. "I was looking for you."

"you really look like-"

"uncle... don't bring it up." Jieun cut him off. I know what he wanted to say and he knows that Yeji is clearly my ideal partner.

"oh, well... how about we eat together now? you guys must have a lot to tell me."

-

All of us are at a restaurant now. knowing my uncle, he surely wants us to spoil ourselves with the food and drinks. When the food came, we started eating casually while talking about trivial things. of course, we have to talk about our fights.

"I thought you guys grew up." my uncle chuckled, entertained by our stories. "I'm surprised that you picked Ryujin." He looked at Yeji.

"I'm just following my heart. My friends told me to do so and I did." Yeji innocently said.

"she made a great choice." I bragged.

"what about both of you? have you found someone yet?" my uncle looks at the rest of his nieces.

"Sohee got one." Jieun replied. "didn't you?"

"nah..." Sohee tried to deny it but her cheeks are rosy by now. "she might not like me."

"you never told me about her." Julia furrowed her eyebrows. "you have to tell me."

"you'll find out." Sohee stifled. "eat your damn food."

"I have a day to pack up my things." I averted the conversation. "I packed most of them already. But, I wanna have more time with my friends."

"oh, we can go there. I'll take most of your things home and you take the rest tomorrow. How's that?" my uncle offered.

"we'll help!" Sohee chimed in.

"cool!"