CHAPTER 27

Ryujin's POV

It's already past six, the perfect time to start the party. I turn off the main lights and turn the colourful lights on. I play some music and connect it to Sohee's Bluetooth speaker.

"I'll bet for... your friend, Zuha." Sohee and I are guessing who will come first.

"what if Miyeon came first?" I scoffed.

"is she that crazy about parties?" Sohee furrowed her eyebrows.

"I know someone who does."

"girls! should we put the snacks on a plate? We should probably unbox the pizzas." Jieun called us.

"I'll help." Sohee got up after playfully slapped my arm.

I'm just gonna look for a movie, just in case they wanna watch something. I probably should set up the Nintendo. I get my ass moving towards the TV, setting up the consoles.

"yo! Go get the door!" Sohee shouted at me. I didn't even hear shit.

I quickly answer the door and guess who's there. Zuha and Chaewon. I just let them in and accept my defeat.

"I'll get my fifty, right?" Sohee ruffles my hair. She then looks at the two guests. "welcome! You guys can get the drinks and food back there. Feel free to do anything here."

"even connecting to the Bluetooth?" Zuha asked.

"know your limit." I stifle. "go and eat. I don't want you to throw up later."

"are we gonna drink that hard?" Zuha looks excited.

Before we can reply, we hear knocks on the door. I already sit on the couch with Zuha and Chaewon, so Sohee get the door.

"I brought extra drinks!" Miyeon's voice entered my ears. I look at her.

"should we add it to the cocktail?" Sohee walks behind me to the kitchen.

"sure!" I replied. "let Jieun handle it."

"damn, you invited both of them?" Zuha lowered her voice.

"both?" I questioned.

"she meant Miyeon and Yeji." Chaewon chimed in. "aren't you guys... something?"

"you told her?!" I glared at Zuha. "I swear, you can't be trusted."

"she'll shut up, I promise." Zuha defended herself. "everybody knows about you, anyway. So, she asked, and I answer."

"but, still." I rolled my eyes. "have you two been good?"

"we're more than great."

Again, our talk got interrupted. I go to the door and open it. my heart stops for a second there. I can't seem to get used to Yeji's presence. She came with Julia too. I let them in and they join us on the living area.

"are you guys gonna get some drinks? It's in the kitchen. Let's go." I offered them.

"right away?" Yeji asked.

"well, whenever you want, actually." I responded, shrugging.

"I'll get the drinks for you, babe." Zuha then grabs my hand and drag me to the kitchen.

"I'll keep them company." Sohee said to me with a tray of snacks on her hands. Miyeon followed her with a cup of drink.

"hey, Jieun." Zuha greeted. "made the drink yourself?"

"Ryujin helped." Jieun smiled. "help yourself. we have beers in the fridge as well."

"thanks!"

After all that, Karina and Winter finally came.

-

It's been about two hours. we're playing together while enjoying the snacks and drinks.

"again! You bumped into me on purpose!" Zuha got mad because Sohee bothers her. we're playing Just Dance.

"hey, relax. it's just a game." Sohee laughed.

"okay, let's go again." Zuha is get ready.

"why don't you give the dancer a try?" Sohee then hands the controller to Miyeon. "your turn."

"we have another dancer, right?"

I honestly didn't pay attention to anyone as I was to focused on the game. This is not our first game. I look around and I don't see Yeji.

"probably in the bathroom." Karina guessed. "you can play with me, Chae." She gave Chaewon the controller.

"I'll get some drink." I excused myself. I wanna check on Jieun because she's not here as well. I go to the kitchen and Jieun isn't there.

I then check the bathroom, knocking on it a few times. I try to open it and it's not locked. No one is there. I don't know why my feet leads me to Sohee's room.

"hey, what are you doing?" Sohee noticed me.

I ignored her. I open the door and I sigh of relieve after finding no one there. Then, I move to my room. I open the door and my heart drops.

Jieun is on top of Yeji. They're making out, enjoying themselves. I blink a few times before lowering my gaze slowly.

"Ryujin?"

I can't even hear anything, even Yeji's voice calling me. I shut the door and walk back to my friends.

"what's up?" Julia asked. "is she there?" she then sighs. "I told her to take a nap. I guess she passed out."

"yeah, Jieun is checking on her." I pressed a smile.

Their silence bothers me. as if they know something already.

"guys, Yeji is not feeling well. I let her rest there." Jieun came out of the room.

"she didn't get enough sleep last night. Refused to take a nap." Julia informed.

"c'mon, Jules. Try it." Sohee tried to avert the conversation. "wanna play, Ryu?"

"no, thanks."