CHAPTER 10

Yeji's POV

Both me and Julia have been busy for these pasts of few days. I haven't got the chance to share about my "date" with Sohee. She didn't really say it but I know her intention is to take me on a date, but she said she needs a friend to take with her to an art store.

"Yeji, your dates got famous." Julia startled me. "look." She sits beside me and shows me her phone. "someone took pictures of you and posted it on the campus's twitter."

"lucky I don't have twitter." I checked her phone and she's right. not only me and Sohee, but with Ryujin too. It's obvious that that's me and them. "oh, man."

"now, this might get you famous as well." Julia commented. What I'm afraid of is if I get mean feedbacks from other students.

"I don't want to!" I cupped my face. Now, I'm frustrated.

"it's all gonna be fine." Julia reassured me. "are you gonna tell me about your other date?"

"she's much more romantic than Ryujin. Everything she did is just so gentle and I lost count on how many times I melted because of her service." I just explained briefly.

"was that it? I mean, what did you do with her? you told me everything when you're with Ryujin." Julia raised an eyebrow. I can't even think of a specific event with her.

"we travelled pretty far. Out of the university. She has a car as well. Unlike with Ryujin, we couldn't really be playful on the road, right?" when I think about it, Sohee would be a great girlfriend. The amount of care and warmth that she has is unbelievable. Any girl would melt and fall for her gentleness.

"that's good right? she sounds responsible and thoughtful, romantic, protective. That's a great girlfriend material." Julia commented. "did she take you to an art store?"

"oh, right! we did some pottery class, going to a record store, and arcade. I feel like we can go anywhere. Sadly, it's already late and, of course, I have classes the next day. she insisted that I should go home and rest." I explained again. "she's just so sweet, Lia. Sorry to say, but, it almost feels pathetic."

"hopeless romantic?" Julia chuckles. I can describe her like that too. Maybe, there's something that made her like that. "well, whatever you do, or choose, I'll support you."

"I know."

-

I was reading my theory book when suddenly I got a call from Sohee. Her and Ryujin's "active" time are not so different. Always in the late evening. I gladly pick it up and answer.

"hey, are you busy?" Sohee straight up asked me. she sounded a little tense. Is it because the news?

"not really. I'm actually reading right now. you wanna go out?" dumb me just said that after I was worried about what people think. "I mean, if you wanna talk I can just-"

"no, it's not that. I wanna come over. Can I?"

"oh, sure, I guess." I hesitated, of course. I got a feeling that she wants to talk about something. Why am I overthinking?

"okay. I'm still in the studio, by the way." Sohee stifles a bit. "don't sleep on me, okay?"

"I won't."

Then, I continue to read. My head can't focus on my book as I keep counting seconds of waiting for Sohee. It's kinda irritating for me to think about waiting. I decided to just go out and wait on the couch.

Finally, someone knocked on my door. I run a little towards it to open it. there she is, Sohee with her bag, hanging on her shoulder. I smile at her and we go to have a seat at the couch.

"are you okay?" I noticed how her eyes are hazy, the eyebags are darker than usual, and her clothes are dirty with paints and clay, probably with other things.

"yeah. I'm just tired." Sohee sighs and leans back to rest her head. "oh, I made this earlier. My friend brought her crafting kit." She reaches inside her bag and takes out two matching bracelets. It's made of braided yarn, I think. "which one do you like?"

"they're so cute!" I exclaimed. "can I have the white-purple one?"

"sure." she smiles at me, then helps me putting it on. "then, I'll have the black-purple."

"thank you!" I'm really a sucker for some artsy stuff like this. knowing that it's handmade? Even better. "have you eaten, by the way? I might have something in the fridge."

"it's okay. I bought a lunchbox." Sohee smile weakly. "actually, there's something I wanna talk about." She looks uneasy and contemplating. I think she's trying to say the proper words. "since you probably know about the news, what if we just let them be? I don't think we should be afraid of what they said online. I just want you to know that you don't have to worry. you have me... or Ryujin to stand up for you."

"oh..." I was already thinking something bad coming from her mouth. Turns out she's just worried about me. that's so sweet of her. "I was a little worried. You know, I know some famous people who, kinda, broke up after their relationship got exposed. But, we're not in a relationship. So, what you said made sense to me." I'm actually glad that Sohee responds positively about this whole thing.

"okay, so, are you up for late dinner?" Sohee smiles brightly at me. that's one of the most attractive things about her.

"yes! I'll tell Lia first."