CHAPTER 51

Yeji's POV

It's been three weeks and I haven't heard anything from Ryujin since that night. Sohee also has been busy with her projects, but she often gave me a call or texted me. Right now, I'm sitting with Julia at a gazebo near the lake.

"I miss her." I'm still thinking about Ryujin's whereabouts. "I made a mistake."

"she doesn't make any moves on you. you're still single. Basically, free to do anything." Julia tried to reassure me that I'm not wrong. "I have no comment about your lies. That's your decision."

"see? I wanna be fair. If I have to choose, I need to know my options." I pointed out. "Sohee said it's okay."

"I don't understand how they work on this thing. Both of them are attractive, smart, charming, and rich. There's no way they have no other girls to chase." Julia stifles. Maybe she's also in disbelieve.

"I don't know. this is stressful." I grab my head with both hands. "they both have different sides. I have reasons not to and to choose them."

"and what are they?" Julia continued.

"well, both of them are kind to me. that's general. For Sohee, I'm afraid that she haven't changed. I didn't tell her anything I did with Ryujin. But, Ryujin, on the other hand, is too nice to me. she trusts me that much. have you seen her getting angry over what I did? when she found out that I'm lying, she freaking smiled at me. I'm got the chills, you know?"

"maybe that's just how she is. probably didn't want to seem negative and aggressive. For Sohee, I can agree. You must be scared to take the chance with her again." Julia commented.

"also... this is a little TMI but I have to take it into consideration. The sex are different." I looked at Julia. "maybe because we're in a different state, I don't know. I feel like, with Ryujin, we have more connection. While Sohee... she really wants to be in control. She didn't communicate, she's a rough type, but, I like it."

"so, what do you like more? I mean, who. You can't just decide based on their sex skill." Julia looked at me.

Just before I can answer, my phone vibrates. I don't know why, but, I hope it's Ryujin. When I check it, it's Sohee. I mean, it's okay. I'm glad that she kept me updated with what she does.

"see? it's Sohee again. Ryujin always does this when something happened. Except, I don't know what happened this time." I sigh while replying to Sohee's text.

"why don't you just ask her?"

I then look for my chatroom with Ryujin and show it to Julia.

"look. Nothing." I groan and rolled my eyes. "I might just-"

I got distracted when I see Ryujin, finally, walking casually in a distance. Looks like she's looking for someone.

"wanna lay low?" Julia noticed as well.

"yes, please."

Just then, I see a girl waling up at her with a couple books, I think. Ryujin smiles at her and she hands her the books. Looks like they're talking normally, but, Ryujin's face looks brighter. After their short stop, they walk away together while still chatting comfortably.

"great. She gave up on me." I looked down. I feel hurt by what I saw. I do think that it's my fault, still, but, I can't believe she can move on that fast. We didn't even talk at all.

"don't think like that. she's probably just one of her friends." Julia encouraged me.

"oh, yeah? Have you seen how she looks at her? she used to look at me like that." as my eyebrows furrowed, I feel rage creeping up my chest. "it's not fair. She doesn't give me any closure."

"calm down, okay? she probably needs time to think as well." Again, Julia is being positive.

"I don't know, Lia." I sighed. "let's go back, now. Sohee wants to come over."

-

"... and he just went back home! It's insane, right? maybe his balls are swollen or something."

Sohee and I share a few good laughs. But, I feel something missing. I did laugh along with her. she's funny, I admit.

"is there something wrong?" Sohee seemed to notice. "you can share it with me." she put her hand on my thigh. I take a chance and hold it.

"nothing." I smiled slightly. "so, what happened with his girl?"

"well... we started talking and... we just hooked up." Sohee shrugs it off. "doesn't matter anymore."

"oh..." I got stuck there. I have nothing to say anymore. We ran out of topic.

"really, are you okay? you seem out of it." Sohee scooted closer.

"I'm fine, Sohee. Maybe we can just... cuddle here?"

"sure, bub."

"Sohee?" I called while we cuddled. I'm not facing her, so it helps me to talk. Sohee hums, waiting for me to continue. "when are you gonna end this competition?"

"the sooner the better, right? before I fall even deeper." Sohee kissed the back of my head. "have you decided yet?"

"I'm not sure." a figure flashed on my head. "I'm not sure if I'm gonna make the right choice."

"we're gonna be fine. whatever it is, I'll accept it." Sohee caressed my head. "by the way, Ryujin found out about us."

"how did she react?" I quickly turned around. "was she mad?"

"I didn't know how she found out. I'm just lucky that Jieun was there. If not, I'd be beaten up." Sohee informed me.

"oh, god." So, I was right. Ryujin is not so gentle after all. "I'm glad you're okay. why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't want you to worry. I'm okay." Sohee smiled at me.

"I thought she doesn't have that trait." I wondered. "wait. You said you guys talked about this."

"I don't know either. She's the type that doesn't show her emotions. Behind all that goofy and playful personality, she can hold a lot of grudges." Sohee added.

Though it make sense, I still think it's hard to believe. This could be her way to make Ryujin look bad. regardless, I'll still take her words into consideration.

"just take a nap. I'll wake you up later."