CHAPTER 6

YEJI's POV

I've been texting with Sohee and Ryujin for about a week now. I do have a chat with Jieun but it's about me asking for help as always. Right now, I'm studying the material for next week's courses. Just reading them before having the class really helps me so far.

"Yeji?" I heard Julia calling from outside my room. "I need to get supplies from the art store. I'll be meeting my friend there as well."

"okay!" I just replied without moving from my seat.

It sucks to see her already making friends. Though I like socializing, people from my major are kind of hard to approach. I get that the study is hard, but, most of them are stiff, to be honest.

"yes?" I suddenly got a call from Ryujin. It's still early in the evening. I don't see any reason for her to call me other than to bother me.

"check out the dance club. Did you forget?" she doesn't have her usual playful tone. more like she's forced.

"oh, right. I've been busy." I actually was busy. I really wanna understand what I learn since it's still early.

"Karina is waiting for you. head down to the student center. I'm going back to sleep. bye." Just like that, she hangs up the call.

I furrowed my eyebrows, getting confused. If that's the reason she called, Karina could've just asked for my number from Ryujin and called me herself. But, anyway, I'm just gonna go there.

-

It's a pretty long walk from my dorm to the student center. I just noticed that most of the clubs are here. It has a wide court in the middle, maybe for some sports club. I know that we have the individual field for running, soccer, and sports that needs a lot of space.

I finally found the room for the dance club. I peek inside the room and see girls inside. There are some boys as well. I noticed Karina looking at me and I smile at her.

"hi, everyone." I greeted after Karina lets me in. "I'm Hwang Yeji."

"hello!" "hi!" "nice to meet you." all of them greeted me warmly. I'm glad.

"so, obviously, we all know you." Karina giggles. "we've seen your video and I want to recruit you as the leader of this club. I see that you have a potential." She informed.

"aren't we gonna test her first?" a girl chimed in. I don't mind actually. if I'm not good enough, I can find another activity.

"of course, Miyeon. We always test our newcomer." Karina responded to her. she then looks at me. "have you danced before? I mean, high school level is fine."

"I've tried many types of dances

"I've tried many types of dances. Cheerleading, hip hop, ballet when I was like around six. But, I've been out of the training to study so I can enter this university." I explained as honest as possible.

"that's actually great. Maybe you can join our warmup so I can see how you do." Karina suggested.

"okay. thank you so much."

"hey, you're not in the club yet." Miyeon is giving me a side-eye. What's her problem, anyway? I'm not here for the drama, girl.

"okay. I'll start the music when everyone is ready."

-

RYUJIN's POV

Damn. Sparring after a nap is always good. For your information, I'm in martial arts club, training in kickboxing. Guess who's in here too. Sohee. Are you guys surprised? Hope not. well, I don't really see her here often.

"c'mon! c'mon!" I shouted at my current opponent. Not that I'm challenging him. I'm just encouraging him.

We do have a coach. Other than basic training, he's in charge of keeping the club peaceful. I joined in because I wanna defend myself, anyway. Not to pick a fight with random people at a bar or something.

"okay! time out!" the coach blow the whistle. "next!"

"good job, bro." I said to him as I walk back to my spot. I need to take a little breather after that.

I take off all my guards and gloves and have a drink. I have a close friend here as well. His name is Chris. He's in his third year but still active in the club.

 He's in his third year but still active in the club

"you're getting better. You said it's a hobby." Chris is sitting beside me, waiting for his turn.

"I'm just focusing on what I like to do." I replied. Then I realize that my bottle is empty. "I'll grab a drink."

"where? Have some of mine." Chris offered.

I refused. I actually have other intention. I already heard the music from the dance club and the band. You know where I'm gonna go. I run to the second floor where the dance club is at and peek inside.

"Karina!" I smile widely at her. "have some water?" of course, I take a few glances at Yeji who seems to be surprised.

"I do!" there she is. Miyeon. Not to brag, but, she's obsessed with me. like for real. "here's my bottle. You can take it."

"um... no, thanks?" I don't like her. she's pretty and all, but I don't like her personality. It's too fake.

"we have dispenser." Yeji chimed in. I'm honestly surprised that she responded to me.

"oh, well, then, excuse me." I walk over there and slowly fill my bottle. I'm really grateful that it's a liter in volume. "you guys can continue. don't mind me."

Soon enough, they start the practice again. I think they're learning a song. I'm not a dancer, but I can see how fluent Yeji is in moving her body. I know that she's trained before. I'm honestly enjoying myself here, watching them (especially Yeji) feeling the song.

"you can leave if you're done." Karina snapped me out of my thoughts.

"sorry." I giggle. "I'll leave now, girls, guys." I walk back to the door.

"you haven't replied to my messages." Miyeon grabs my wrist. I'm used to people grabbing me randomly.

"what massages? I didn't even know your number." I raised an eyebrow. "see you guys around."

I can hear them chuckling and giggling at her. at some point, I feel bad for her. but, what can I do? she's not my type. Yeji, on the other hand.... I'm gonna text her again later. Maybe I can go out with her.