CHAPTER 48

Sohee's POV

I'm coming over Yeji's dorm today. Julia is at campus so I have my alone time with Yeji. I don't really go anywhere beside parties because it's technically still indoor.

"I feel full." Yeji said after walking out of the bathroom. We just had our late lunch, so that make sense. "Julia is still at her friend's dorm."

"for the project she's working on?" I asked as she sat down beside me.

"yep." Yeji leans on my shoulder and plays with her phone. "I told Ryujin that I'm hanging out with you."

"what did she say?" I asked, placing my arm around her upper back.

"she said it's okay." Yeji looks at me, giving me a curious gaze. "are you two guys competing again?"

"I... think so." I raised my eyebrow, being unsure. "I mean, if you wanna compare us, and treat us the same way as you like, it's okay."

"this is weird for me because I feel like I'm two-timing." Yeji let out a sigh.

"hey, I don't wanna make this hard for you. besides, you allowed my to do things like..." I plant a kiss on her head. then, I reach for her chin and kiss the side of her lips. "...those. I won't feel hurt if you act like when you're with Ryujin. Just imagine I'm her." am I that desperate?

"I can't do that. both you and Ryujin are my best friends including Jieun as well." Yeji looks at me with those puppy eyes. Ryujin was right. how could I be so harsh on her back then. "you'll get hurt even a little bit."

"me and Ryujin agreed on this. just act like we're strangers who wants you and we know nothing about each other's business. How's that?" I gently rub on her upper arm.

"well... okay." Yeji smiles at me, giggling a little. "I do feel like a bad girl. but, Julia said it's okay because I don't really have a relationship with anyone." She stated.

"you are a bad girl." I stifled. "just so you know, Ryujin is far more possessive than me. sure, I can explode like I used to, but I don't hold things against someone. Meanwhile..." Some words of 'advice' might help me to get a point from Yeji. Maybe there'll be bigger chance for me.

"really? She doesn't seem like that." Yeji's tone is full of doubt. "should I be-"

Yeji's words got cut off by my phone ringing. I quickly pick it up and immediately hear a commotion from the other side.

"Yo! Come down to the house. the guys are winning the football and baseball. See ya!" it's one of the frat boys and he just hangs up after that. it's probably just some announcement call to hype up their party.

"who's it?" Yeji asked.

"are you in the mood for a party?" the corner of my lips curled up as I gave her the offer.

"only if you can take care of me." she challenged. "I'm sure you would, so let's go!"

-

We're stepping into the house before we know it. well, the party has already started. Yeji greeted her "party friends" and I do so as well. She then grabs my hand and drag me somewhere.

"we have to get this." Yeji said, looking at a huge bowl of cocktail. "they never make purple drinks."

"oh, yeah. I just noticed." I peeked inside the bowl. Though it's dimmed in here, it's clearly purple. "maybe a special drink for this occasion."

"here." Yeji got two cups on her hands and she hands me one. "cheers?"

"cheers." After I replied, she takes a sip. I do the same and I feel like this drink is fine. I can taste the alcohol for sure. "this is great."

"oh, I love this!" Yeji cheered. Looks like she likes something sweet for her drinks. "let's join them."

I follow her to the dance floor as I see some familiar people. Karina, Miyeon, and some of the sport guys. despite everything that's going on, which is chaotic at this point, I join her in a dance.

All of us got drawn into the music as the drinks keeps coming in like usual. somehow our cups are refilling itself. We become bold and brave, hands on each other like nothing else matters.

It was all fun and games until Yeji wraps her arms around my neck, slightly pulling me into her body. In return, I grab her waist. We just look at each other with our hazy eyes.

"still awake?" Yeji leaned in to my ear. I froze when I feel her kissing my jaw. "I hope you are."

"I'm perfectly fine." I stifle. "I was wondering if you are." I tease her by slipping my hand under her shirt.

"I will be if you did that."

"Yeji! Have more of this!" Miyeon called her and she let go of me to approach her friends.

Just like her, the guys starts taking me away from that spot and proceeds to give me random drinks that they have. When I feel my eyes heavy, pushed them all away. I have to take Yeji home. I can't get drunk myself.

"see you around, Sohee! Keep up the training." One of them said. Training, my ass. I did it for the sake of the match.

I tried my best to walk properly. When I drink too fast, it's not gonna be good. I'll get drunk faster. I approach Yeji's table and see her still chatting with them.

"for you." Winter hands me a cup.

"do you wanna go home?" Yeji, with her legs on top of each other and a cup un her hand, asked me with mocking tone.

"take her home." Winter said to me. somehow the drink that she gave me started to make me conscious.

"okay." I slap my cheeks a few times before offering my hand to Yeji.

"aw... are you my prince? Or princess, I don't care." She took my hand and stands up clumsily.

"you wanna let go of that or what?" I noticed the red cup on her hand.

"shut up. I like this drink." she put all her weight on me as soon we walk away from that place.

"suit yourself."