CHAPTER 38

Sohee's POV

My two sisters are busy now. I rarely hang out with them since they're both taking that program so they can finish earlier than the rest of us.

Probably you forget about this, but, I also joined the MMA club, along with Ryujin. Our schedules just doesn't match and I'm focusing more on my band.

"there she is."

"right. bet she's avoiding Ryujin again."

"remember last time they spar together, she beat her real good."

"I know, right? why bother coming?"

"don't care, dude."

That's what I always hear every time I come here. I used to have a desire to win over my own sister. Then, I realized that I can never win. Her desire to be strong is so much bigger than mine.

Regardless, I'm here to train my physique, not to compete with anyone. I usually just ignore them and keep my focus on myself.

"finally. I hardly see you, Han."

I loosen up my body and get out of my stance. I noticed someone that suggested me to enter this club.

"hey, Changbin." I smiled at him before continuing my practice.

" I smiled at him before continuing my practice

"heated up yet? Just done my morning jog." He nudged my shoulder and gets behind another punching bag. "why do you always come so early?"

"less problems and distractions. Especially with those kinds of guys." I glanced at the guys talking shit about me earlier.

"bet they're stuck on their thesis." Changbin chuckles. "no worries, pal. You know how to not listen to them."

"that's exactly what I'm doing right now."

"so, any new stories from your life? I just got a new equipment at my dorm. Also..." he flexed his arms. "my new creatin works! Still I need that old protein shake. Damn, that thing's getting expensive."

"a lot has happened. Been distracting myself with my projects and stuff." I shrugged. "it's all settled though. My sisters are taking the fast road."

"they must be super busy."

"bet." I stifle. "that's why I just came here when I have time."

"last time I checked, you're with that dancer. what happened? Did your sister-" Changbin brought her up.

"yeah. Let's not talk about it."

*FLASHBACK*

"I'm not interested to be more than friends with you, Sohee." Yeji said to me, looking down. "I'm sorry. I didn't have the guts to tell you."

I feel my chest in pain. I take a deep breath and let it out. I avert my gaze at Yeji slowly.

"I thought we're already more than friends, Yeji. How can you be so cruel?" I didn't know what went wrong. All I want is for her to acknowledge how much I want her.

"Sohee..." Ryujin slowly gets up and steps closer. "I didn't do anything with her. please trust me."

"how can I trust you when I found you guys together like this?! are you out of your mind?" I pushed her as hard as I can. I don't even wanna see her fucking face. "you know what? thanks for being honest for once. I'll stay away from you."

I get out of Yeji's dorm. As I walk down the stairs, I feel my cheeks wet from my own tears. No matter how many times I wiped it off, they come out again.

Fuck them. I'm done.

-

-

-

Me and my sisters are preparing for a party that Ryujin planned.

"hey..." I called Ryujin, intending to apologize for what I did that night. "I haven't apologized about what happened." I don't want us to be awkward.

"I already let it pass. Chill." Ryujin replied casually. Knowing her, she probably meant it and consider that thing done. "wait... did you find another girl?" she asked.

"sort of. I already let go of Yeji. She's all yours." I had to let it go. Hopefully, I can just find someone else.

"well... thanks, I guess." Ryujin then glanced at Jieun. "what about her?"

"oh." that can't be good, right? I know that she knows something. There's something going on between Yeji and Jieun. "oh! shit!" this is ridiculous. I thought it's only us two.

"lower your voice!" Ryujin warned me.

"what the fuck?" I furrowed my eyebrow. Deep down, I can't accept it. "no way, right?"

-

"I'll get some drink." Ryujin excused herself in the middle of our game.

I notice her checking the bathroom, opening it. she then goes to my room. I know she's looking for Yeji and Jieun. I'm curious too to be honest.

"hey, what are you doing?" I asked, but she ignored me.

Ryujin then moves to her room. as soon as she opens it, she freezes on the spot. I had a guess on what she saw.

"Ryujin?"

I heard Yeji calling her. Ryujin shuts the door and walk back to the couch.

"what's up?" Julia asked. "is she there?" she then sighs. "I told her to take a nap. I guess she passed out."

"yeah, Jieun is checking on her." Ryujin pressed a smile.

The rest just stunned by the sudden change of air. They probably have no idea about what happened. I just don't wanna talk about it.

"guys, Yeji is not feeling well. I let her rest there." Jieun came out of the room.

"she didn't get enough sleep last night. Refused to take a nap." Julia informed.

"c'mon, Jules. Try it." I tried to avert the conversation. "wanna play, Ryu?"

*END*

"hey, you there?" Changbin snapped me out of my thoughts. "do you wanna have a jog with me?"

"I'll just give you a call." I replied.

"what's up? you're gone for a good three minutes." Changbin walks over to his bag, grabbing his bottle. "don't tell me you're lying to yourself again."

"for the sake of my sister, yes." I give a last blow to the punching bag and walks over to Changbin. I sit beside him and he shares his water with me. "I mean, it's not hard. Eventually, I'll get over her."

"it's not our time to play around like that. don't you wanna set a goal for yourself? you'll graduate in a year. I feel like you're wasting time by not having a target or something." There he is, Changbin with his adult talk. "well, at least you've done your best." He pats my back. "maybe you haven't."