CHAPTER 14

Yeji's POV

Just like I always do, I told Julia about what happened that night. She's currently cooking for our dinner while listening to my rant. Maybe because I'm clueless about something, since Julia is a little sarcastic about it.

"did I miss something?!" I frustratingly ran my fingers through my hair. "I see them no more than friends. Why did they fight about it?"

"they like you. what else?" Julia walks over to the table with two portions of Korean fried rice. "first, Sohee has a lot of crushes in high school and the girls love her too. second, Ryujin is known for chasing new girls like us, also they like her. you should be glad that Jieun is not as wild as them, no?"

"did you hang out with Sohee?" I raised my eyebrow in suspicion.

"of course. she's my senior, I only know her, she helped me." Julia stops eating and looks at me. "don't think of anything weird. I don't like her like that."

"no! I wouldn't think like that. I just thought you can maybe... dig up some information...?" I suggested.

"what info? You're closer to her than me." Julia wondered. "just talk to her about it. did she say anything since that night?"

"just said 'have a good night.' Then I didn't get any text from her until now. she's gone just like Ryujin." I sighs, still thinking of Ryujin's behaviour. I did ask her to dance but the way she said sorry for the second time is different.

"okay, maybe they're still having a talk. siblings fight all the time, that's normal." Julia reassured me. "if I get something from Sohee, I'll tell you. only if it has something to do with you."

"thank you."

-

I was just chilling on the couch, reading my novel, before I got interrupted by knockings on the door. I go to answer it with curiosity because it's considered late.

"hey. Up for movies?" Sohee stands there with a bag full of snacks and some canned drinks. "also, for an apology for being MIA for a couple days." Her eyes starts to beg.

"a week is not a couple days, Sohee." I rolled my eyes annoyingly. "come in."

She enters my dorm and put the bag on the coffee table. I don't know whether it's because our terms or something, she acts so stiff as if she's never been here. I actually don't mind, instead, happy that she's here.

"what were you reading?" Sohee takes a seat and check on the novel.

"just something that Jieun recommended me. I kinda like it." I walk over to my room. "I'll get my laptop."

"did Ryujin contact you?" Sohee asked after I came back and set my laptop on the table like usual.

"nope. What do you wanna watch? Should we go for horror this time?" I really am not interested in talking about her. though I'm a bit curious, I wanna enjoy my time with Sohee.

"oh... just pick what you like. I'm not picky." She chuckles a little.

"okay, then."

Just like that, we watch the movie comfortably. We share one bag of chips and have our drinks to accompany us. we don't really talk when we watch movies. Also, we decided to turn off some lights to set the mood. I kinda regretted it, choosing horror among other genres. I'm not good with it.

As the tension gets more tense and scarier, I lean to Sohee to protect myself from the creepy scene. We're that comfortable and she doesn't seem to mind me. I noticed her holding my hand. I think she's trying to keep me calm. I'm surprised that she's unbothered by the jumpscares and intense music.

"Yeji... hey..." Sohee tapped my thigh lightly. "it's done." I can hear her giggles.

I look up at her, not sure of what she's saying. Then, I realize how close we are. When I try to move back, her hand is already wrapped around my body. My eyes are unintentionally locked on hers. I can't really see her face because of the light coming from behind her.

My heart beats faster as my body froze in her embrace. I can really feel that she's leaning closer. Surprisingly, I don't want to back off. I let her move forward and finally put her lips on mine. Her hand that's on my shoulder starts caressing me gently, as soft as her kiss. I feel like I'm gonna melt into her.

Sohee pulls away, leaving my lips slowly. I keep my eyes closed, still feeling her gentle loving kiss. I feel her tidying up my hair and proceed to caress my cheek. I opened my eyes, still can't clearly see her, but I know she's smiling right now.

"I have a crush on you, Yeji. Since day one." Sohee confessed.

Wait. SHE CONFESSED!!! Fuck. My brain can't process this. I came to my senses and move back a little. first, I need to turn on the light. I hurriedly turn them on and sit back down beside her.

"are you serious, right now?" I asked, just to make sure. "like, really serious?"

"I am. I've been hesitating, but now I'm a hundred percent sure." Sohee reached for my hand and hold it.

Now, I'm the one hesitating. I mean, I expected this from what Julia said, but not this soon. I look down to think about this.

"I didn't think of you like that." I'm not sure of what I'm feeling. I'm comfortable around her and that's it. I feel like I shouldn't return the feeling but I don't wanna hurt her. "I'm not sure."

"hey, it's okay. I'm just glad that you know how I feel before it's getting bigger." Sohee stifles, looking away. "don't make this awkward, please."

"if you say that, I will." I just laugh lightly. "I like the kiss."

We both can't bare to look at each other, feeling embarrassed. I don't like this silence, but I like her hand on mine. I stare at it for some moments as her thumb slowly caressing the back of my hand.

"can we stay like this for a while?" I asked. Not because I wanna play with her feelings, but I want us to be this close for longer. If I said I like her right now, I'd be forcing myself.

"whatever you ask." Sohee moves closer to me and I do too. I lean on her shoulder and her other arm goes around my upper back to embrace me like earlier. "thank you for accepting me, Yeji."