CHAPTER 12

Sohee's POV

I texted Jieun about what happened. She's kind enough to send me my clothes so I can clean up here. I actually woke up because she called. Soon after that, she finally came. We have a little chat about Ryujin's whereabouts.

"hey, guys."

I look back to see Yeji who just woke up, getting out of her room with a messy bun. I only smile at her while Jieun waves her hand to greet her.

"got her clothes here. I'll head out." Jieun excused herself.

"how's Ryujin doing? haven't heard from her for weeks." Yeji approached us. "I was just wondering." She smiles lightly at Jieun.

"I haven't read her texts. I don't know if she sent any." Jieun honestly replied. "I'll see you tonight." she puts her hand on my arm for a bit.

"you'll come?" Yeji asked, getting confused.

"of course, not. I planned to sleep at her place tonight. Hojung doesn't like it when I'm drunk." I replied for her.

"yeah, that. I should go." Jieun smiles at us then leaves.

-

I took a nap after my lunch with Yeji this afternoon. We ordered some food and eat, yada, yada, yada. We did talk a lot. She's more intriguing than I thought, I feel like I like her more than before. I just felt it.

"I'm gonna shower first, okay?" Yeji got me out of my thoughts. Not gonna lie, I can't really get her out of my head lately.

"okay. you can take your time." I looked at her from the couch.

With that, she goes to her bathroom and I wait for her. in the meantime, I'd like to brag about the pictures that we took together on my phone. I do have my favorites, like the one we took at the pottery class, where she messed up her clay bowl. So silly. Then there's one where we stop by an unknown lake when I took her for a ride. Gosh, she's so pretty that day with her hair in a ponytail.

"I'm done. Your turn."

I look at Yeji who just came out of the bathroom and smile at her. I better get myself ready.

-

Yeji's POV

We're on our way to the frat house. with Sohee, the walk doesn't feel tiring. She can make it fun and I do have fun talking with her, with her unique thoughts. No wonder she's an artist.

"I never think of it like that. I was watching it for the plot." I responded. We're discussing a movie.

"yeah, the plot was great as well." Sohee just chuckles. I don't know why she's so giggly around me lately. "looks like we're a little late." She pointed at the frat house.

"I'm sorry. I picked my shirt too long." I pouted.

"it was worth it. you look amazing."

We enter the house as the music and vibes starts getting into my head. I can't hide my excitement when we join the crowd. Some people greeted me though I don't know them. Maybe, it was because the videos and pictures with the sisters.

"I wanna dance again!" I spoke a little louder since the music is too loud.

"then, I'll get the drinks! How's that?" Sohee leans closer for me to hear better.

"great!"

I go to the dancefloor, near the DJ. I just wanna have fun tonight, so I try to blend in with them. The people who greeted me earlier, starts offering me their drinks. We can't really trust anyone in a situation like this, can we? I pretend like I don't see them and just continue to have fun.

"c'mon guys! let's get the party wilder!"

I heard some boys cheering on the top balcony, hyping the crowd. I cheered along with them and keep enjoying myself. I really, really love this energy. Then, someone decided to just bump into me, so hard that I bump into another person. Thank God that they caught me before I fall.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't- Yeji?"

I look up at them to see better. It's Ryujin. I mean it's expected to see her here. I don't know why I froze for a moment there.

"ah, forget it. enjoy yourself."

"wait!" Before she can walk away, I grab her wrist. "let's just have fun! We haven't see each other in a while!"

I can see her gulping her last drink and throws the cup somewhere. As we dance together, I noticed that her eyes are faded. I don't mind, of course. I supposed she's drinking with those boys who provided some stronger drinks.

She's getting closer and closer to me, our bodies starts to touch little by little. I'm a little hesitant actually. but, with the people around us, we can't help but to hold onto each other. I am perfectly sober while she's not. that's the only problem I think we have.

"I'm sorry." Ryujin starts leaning towards me. I can feel her breath on my lips.

"hey! Get away from her!"

Someone pushed Ryujin from me. clearly they're making a scene. I back away, trying to understand what happened. I finally realize that it's Sohee, on top of Ryujin.

"you fucking coward!" Sohee shouted. "how dare you?!"

I can see Sohee holding Ryujin's collar. I need to act on this. I grab Sohee by her shoulders and pull her as hard as I can.

"enough! Please!" I shouted.

"who the fuck are you to her? she asked me to dance with her. do you think I want to?" Ryujin sat up, panting as she glares at her sister. "have a fucking great night, you two."

We both watch her leave. I just noticed that people are watching us. as usual, some take our videos. All I think about is how this is gonna be bad news for the three of us.

"great. My night is ruined." I feel pissed. I don't feel like being here anymore. "I think I'm gonna go."

"let me walk you." Sohee chases me outside the house.

"whatever." I keep walking. She's so wrong for doing that. "you shouldn't do that."

"I'm sorry, Yeji. I just..." Sohee managed to stop my track by standing in front of me. "I just don't like it." she hangs her head low.

"why is that? we didn't do anything. have you lost your mind?" I raised my voice.

"I'm sorry, okay? it's making me uncomfortable." She looks at me with her pleading eyes.

"let's just go."