CHAPTER 11

Yeji's POV

Okay, guys. It's getting odd now. I haven't heard from Ryujin at all and I... kind of miss her. two days, three, four, now five days after I go out with Sohee. I didn't think about it until now.

"she's probably working on her project." Jieun tried to find a reason for it. I'm at a cafe with her right now, just sharing stuff about psychology. "she's still visiting my dorm quite often."

"well, usually she texted me even though she's doing stuff." I huffed. I've asked Sohee about her and she said that Ryujin is still going out as well. "it's like she ghosted me."

"that's just her. we never know the reason for that." Jieun finally gave me a clue. "she's a ghoster, if that's even a word. You can find someone better."

"Sohee is better." I shrug. Oh, did I say that out loud? I look up at Jieun who's looking at me confusedly. "I mean, she's a better friend. She took me to many places outside the campus."

"that's our car that she's driving." Jieun chuckles. "I use it when we have a holiday or when we have to go home for family events. I usually drive it."

"oh, I see." I nod a few times. "Ryujin can't drive?"

"reckless. Our uncle is too nice, he lets us get the license the same day. I'm the one who doesn't want her to drive." Jieun explained again.

"maybe she's better now." I tried to reason with her for some reason. "anyway, there'll be a party tomorrow at the frat house. I know you won't come, but, I'm just saying." I smile at her.

"with Sohee?" Jieun asked, looking at me.

"I don't know. she told me about the party but didn't say about coming." I recalled. I'm really hoping that she comes along. Frat parties are a bit wild for me. "I'll text her later."

"she told me about her stacked homework. Maybe you can invite your friend." Jieun suggested. I do have some new friends from the dance club and my classmates. But, I don't think we're close enough for me to ask for that.

"I'll try to contact them."

-

Ryujin's POV

My brain is smoking. If I could just snap my finger and all my homework disappear, I'd do it. fuck, I need a drink.

"Han Ryujin~" Karina dared to bother me again. I'm thankful at some point because she understands me. "still on that tinkering you're doing?"

"you blind?" I turned my chair to face her. "Zuha is on her way here."

"alright." Karina enters my room. it's hard to explain to her about privacy. "have you seen this masc at the party last week? Think I can hit her."

"you always think you can hit a masc. ended up in a one night stand." I scoffed jokingly. "will she come tomorrow?"

"I hope so. Heard she's a law student, maybe. So hot." Karina sits on my bed, playing with her phone.

"can you get out? it's hot in here." I let out a deep breath. I don't like it when people disturbs my personal space when I'm working on something.

"I am hot." Karina stifles, flicking her hair with her sassy manner. "anyway, I'm gonna go shopping. Need anything for your girl?"

"my girl?" I was confused for a sec before a picture of Yeji comes to my head. "no. I don't like her anymore."

"so you wanna make a news then let it drown like usual? okay." Karina shrugs. "guess your sister will win this time."

"I don't care." I don't even know if I care or not. "just get out of my room. please." I almost whine at her.

"alright, fine."

-

I'm still with Zuha right now. we're not working on homework anymore. She's probably sleeping here since we're free tomorrow and there's a party at the frat house.

"you sure you wanna join me?" I asked her about the party. She usually hangs out at a bar outside the campus complex with her high school friends.

"yeah. The girl I like will be there... I think." Zuha got her eyes glued to her phone. "you said the drinks are good. I'm fine with that."

"understandable." I shrug, rolling to lay on my tummy. "I won't be there for long. I just need the drinks as well."

"why? Stressed out already?" Zuha scoffed since she knows my habit.

"kinda. You know we've been busy with reports and research and stuff like that. I need to relax." I'm actually not sure why I'm feeling down lately. Usually I'm just happy with doing homework and researching.

"alright, bud. Imma sleep."

-

Yeji's POV

Sohee visited me again. We're sitting on the couch with her doodling on her sketchbook. I've been watching her at it for minutes after we watch something on my laptop.

"how's this? it could fill up the space right here." Sohee showed me the sketch for her new tattoo as she points at below her collarbone. "I can probably scale it down."

"that's cool. Did you do this for all your tattoos?" I'm getting curious about it. we haven't talked about her tattoos that much.

"most of it. some are from the artist's ideas." Sohee smiles at me while pointing at her tattoos. "you wanna try to have it?" she then takes my hand and scans my arm.

"sure." I kinda get distracted by how gentle she is. I just let her 'experiment' on me.

Sohee starts moving closer and put my arm on her thigh. I don't know what she's about to draw. After finding a spot on the opposite side of my elbow, she starts her work with just a pen.

"it's gonna be cute. I'm gonna make something cartoony." Sohee glanced at me with a smile. "you like cats?"

"I prefer dogs. But, don't change your mind. I'm sure it'll look good." I keep my eyes on her skilled hand, moving smoothly as if she knows what to do already.

"one last touch. Eyes, a tail, and... whiskers." Sohee then blows some light air to dry it off. She then looks at me and smiles. "how's it?"

"oh my god! it's so cute!" I am not lying

"oh my god! it's so cute!" I am not lying. I take my phone and quickly take a few pictures. "look here." I decided to take her pic as well, getting her into the frame with her art. "I feel like I don't wanna shower."

"I can draw it again if you want." Sohee offered. "I'll come back again tomorrow. I'll pick you up as well."

"just stay the night." I blurted out. seeing how often she visits me by now, I don't mind letting her stay. "I mean, if you don't mind."

"how can I turn down that offer?"