CHAPTER 40

Ryujin's POV

I feel exhausted. Not only I have to read so much books for my reference, I have to keep reporting to my professor and ask for his approval. I finally can go home after spending hours at campus. Longer than my usual schedule last year.

"want some drinks?" I got greeted by Winter the second I came in. she's sitting on the couch, watching TV. "Yeji came by, looking for you."

"oh really? My phone's dead." I joined her and grab a can of beer from the table. "did she say anything?"

"she just want you to know that she's here. Call her." Winter suggested.

"yeah, I'll charge my phone first." Though I said so, I didn't get up. "is Karina in there? Why didn't you join her?"

"she's out buying something." She replied casually. "you can go."

"ugh, fine." I just wanna sleep. "my eyes are tired. I'm gonna sleep." I get up. "oh, let me know if Karina brought something for me."

"did you ask her for something?" Winter looks at me.

"no." I giggled and head to my room.

I take off my jeans and quickly change my shirt before plopping on the bed. I just look at my ceiling and, soon, I drift off.

-

Hey, where am I? what time is it? I can finally open my eyes fully. I didn't even turn off my light. I guess I just fell asleep.

"Ryujin! Come out!"

I sit up after I heard Karina calling me. what's with the fuss? Could've called me gently.

"okay!" I shouted back. maybe she got something for me. I gather myself before walking towards the door and come out of my room.

"got some snacks for you." Karina is at the dining table, playing with her phone.

"did you ever move from that spot?" I asked after noticing Winter on the same spot as the last I saw her.

"we just ate." Karina replied while Winter is only looking at me. "it's eleven. Did you charge your phone? Yeji was calling me two hours ago."

"fuck! Shit, I forgot." I ran back to my room and hurriedly charge my phone. I wait for a few seconds before trying to turn it on. "c'mon, c'mon."

No luck, I get out of my room, and approach Karina.

"can I borrow your phone?" I scratched the back of my neck. "I can't get my phone to turn on."

"what's up with you and her? you both are getting distant." Karina commented after handing me her phone.

"what? nothing. We're fine. I'm just busy, that's all." I keep my eyes on the phone. I called Yeji, then.

"give it back when you're done." Karina walked over to join Winter.

"Yeji I-"

"Karina! Sohee is here. I told her I was craving hotdogs and nachos. Ryujin hasn't called me yet. Is she awake yet?" Yeji must've thought that it's Karina calling.

My heart stings a bit, not gonna lie. I hung up the call and texted her instead. I tried to copy Karina's typing. I just told her that I mis-clicked the call.

"you good?" Winter looks at me.

"yeah." I rapidly nodded and pressed a smile. "I think my phone got enough battery already. Thanks, K." I walked over to her and give the phone back.

I go back to my room and turn on my phone. it's still twenty percent, but, it's enough to check Yeji's texts.

"so you also told me about that, huh?" I sigh. "what games are you playing, Yeji?"

I just replied to her, telling her about my day and what happened earlier. After that, I just lock my phone and sit on my desk.

"okay... I'll just get back to my proposal and other shits."

-

Shit. I guess I feel asleep again. I'm still on my desk with my laptop still on. No wonder I feel an odd heat in front of me. now, what time is it? holy shit! I'm late! Fuck this. I'm just gonna change my clothes and use some mouthwash and cologne.

I rush out of my room and found Winter standing in front of the fridge. looks like she's looking for some breakfast.

"it's Saturday." Winter looks at me. she has a carton of milk on her hand. "why hurry?"

"huh?" I stopped walking. Damn. I think I lost track of time. "is it?"

"I wouldn't be staying over on weekdays." Winter takes a seat on the dining chair and pours herself some milk.

"hell..." I dropped my bag on the couch. "speaking of... you remind me of checking my phone."

"I didn't." Winter sits beside me.

"I know, I just thought of it suddenly." I checked my phone and I got a reply from Yeji. "oh, well..."

"dude... she'll fall into someone else if you do that." Winter's face is already so close with mine.

"man! Get the fuck away!" I pushed her. "nosy ass." Then, what she said gets into my head. "did you mean that?"

"meh..." Winter shrugs. "unless you wanna make an effort."

"effort? Clearly you haven't seen me." I shook my head in denial. "I already made enough effort. It's just that I've been busy lately."

"so?" Winter asked like she wants me to think. "I'm busy too."

"what are you trying to say? How come you're busy yet you look like you give zero fucks over everything?" my eyebrow raised when saying that.

"emails." Winter showed her phone to me. "anyway. If you really care, you should show it."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Again, I denied it. I shouldn't worry about a thing. Yeji's already mine and I already got her heart. "well... you know... I do worry sometimes."

"why?" she looks at me.

"we're not in a relationship yet." I let out a deep breath. "I mean, I always let it stay like that. no big deal."

"so?" Winter looks at her phone again.

"nevermind." I stand up. "well, I'll just go to her dorm, then."