CHAPTER 54

Yeji's POV

"Jake!"

I know that voice. I look back and see Sunoo, as expected, Ryujin and Zuha. I smiled at Ryujin and wave at her. what I get in return is her straight face. I don't know where is she looking at.

"Sunoo!" Jake waved at him. "hey, guys."

"I'll look for something. You can go to them." I said to him.

I order a couple cakes and drinks for us. I also buy something for Ryujin even though she didn't greet me properly. I'm sure I told her about me going to the café, but, not about meeting Jake on my way here.

"what are you guys doing here?" I asked with a smile. I got a tray of my order and suddenly Jake takes it and put it down on the table.

"oh, I'll grab a chair for you." Jake initiate and quickly drags a random chair for me to sit on.

"she just bragged about you two dating." Zuha responded to my question and I sit beside Jake. Which is beside Ryujin as well. It's weird to be sandwiched between them.

"oh, really? You really like that, don't you?" I joked around, nudging Ryujin's arm.

"you two are dating? You never told me about her." Jake looked at me. "well, congrats, then."

"what- I did told-"

"oh, she didn't?" Ryujin squinted her eyes slightly, looking at Jake.

Okay, this is bad. I don't like this.

"yeah, not that I remember." Jake rubs his chin. "I mean, I know that you guys are close, but, not that close."

"is that a surprise for you?" Ryujin asked. "are you expecting something else?"

"okay, did anyone feel hungry?" I come in between them and take care of the plates. "we can share this. I'm just craving something sweet."

"go ahead." "you first."

Both Ryujin and Jake said that. I look at Ryujin and put my hand on her lap.

"did you check you phone, babe? I texted you earlier." I'll try to distract her.

Ryujin looks at me before reaching her bag. I supposed she's looking for her phone.

"oh, it's on silent." Ryujin said while staring at her phone. "you didn't tell me about him." she glanced at Jake before looking back at me.

"well, sorry that she forgot." Jake has to make things worse. What the hell is wrong with him?

"I'm not talking to you." Ryujin glared at Jake. "fuck off."

"Ryu..." I rub her thigh, hoping she'd calm down.

"where are you going after this, Sunoo? Wanna hang out at my place?" Jake ignored her and starts his own conversation with Sunoo.

I thought I hate Sohee's anger, but, Ryujin made things uncomfortable.

"enough, okay? I met him on my way here. Just drop it." I looked at her in the eyes.

"okay." Ryujin let out a deep breath and smiles lightly. "are you gonna eat that?" she pointed at the cake.

"yeah. Let's just share."

-

At the end, I'm walking with Ryujin to my dorm. The whole way is silent. I'm just comfortable walking with her. We even hold hands. On the other hand, she seems uneasy.

"we're here. Do you wanna come inside?" I offered. I still wanna be with her, honestly. Just to talk and catch up with each other.

"yeah, sure." Ryujin politely accepted.

Shortly, we entered my dorm. We're greeted by Julia and Sohee, sitting on the couch. looks like they're talking about something serious.

"hey, sis." Ryujin greeted her. "you said you have a project."

"left it at the warehouse. It's a group project, anyway." Sohee shrugged. Looks like they're already on good terms. Sohee the looks at Julia. "I'll leave now. thanks for letting me come by."

Me and Ryujin looks at each other, wondering about the same thing. I noticed Sohee ruffling Julia's hair and I hear Ryujin stifles.

"good luck, sucker." Ryujin said when Sohee's about to approach the door.

"oh, shut the fuck up." Sohee returns the words with a slap on Ryujin's head before walking out of the dorm.

"wassup, my other girl best friend!!" Ryujin greeted Julia, finally. "you have something going on over there." She said as she sits beside her, leaving some space for me.

"what thing? She called me and said she needs a friend. so, I let her come here while you're out." Julia explained. "you guys are together now, huh?"

"yep." Ryujin wraps her arm around my shoulder. "that means, I have to work harder and study harder, of course, to make her happy. I can also ask her on a date. Well, a lot of dates." She giggles.

"ugh, I'm getting sick." Julia grabs her phone and plays with it. "what are you guys doing earlier?"

"we're at a café, eat, and I took her to the park." Ryujin replied as she plays with my hair.

"and we bought some pastries and we ate it at the park." I added.

"so you guys finally talked about your relationship?" Julia asked. Since I told her everything about my good and bad news, I supposed she wants to brought them up.

"what's there to talk about? Me, her, love, happy." Ryujin cutely smiled. "right?" she looks at me.

"yeah." I don't know why I'm nervous.

"oh, I'll leave you guys alone. Have fun!" Julia then goes to her room.

I rest myself on Ryujin's embrace, listening to her heartbeat. This is really comforting.

"I'm sleepy." Ryujin said as she yawns. "I can't sleep here, though. I have a few classes tomorrow."

"sucks." I pouted and look at her. "before anything, I don't want you to be mad when I'm hanging out with Jake." Sounds selfish, but I have nothing with him and I have no feelings for him. "you don't have to worry or sulk like earlier."

"I'm not mad. He's just trying hard to get your attention. I don't like that. also, I wanna let everybody knows that you're mine and I'm yours. We have each other." Ryujin clarified. "I'm sorry that I made you uncomfortable back there."

"it's okay. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about him."

"since we're speaking of other people, I wanna tell you that me and the girl you saw yesterday are just friends. I borrowed some books from her for my research and I gave them back the day you asked me out." Ryujin brought it up and explained it.

"I actually forgot about it. I'm glad you told me." I chuckled. I already let that go.

"I want no secrets between us. I'm just gonna tell you about it."

"thank you baby."