CHAPTER: 22

|ARCHER|

As me and Elijah walked down the school hall towards IT class, we clutched hands tightly. We have been dating for nearly a month now, and every moment spent together felt like a treasure to me.

I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride walking beside Elijah, knowing that we were defying the norms that were prevalent in our school and society. The hallway was crowded and busy, but we walked with our heads held high, not caring about what the rest of the world thought.

A few students glanced our way as they passed, whispering behind their hands. I felt a pang of fear but I discreetly tugged Elijah's hand, trying to reassure him.

"It's okay," Elijah whispered back, giving my hand a squeeze. "I'm here."

As we reached the classroom, I felt grateful for having Elijah by my side. I turned to look at my right side, unable to find Cameron or Maya. I turned to my left but they still weren't there. 

Fifteen minutes into the lesson, the class was rudely disrupted by students rushing in the door, just like Elijah did when we had our first class. 

"Sorry were late Mrs. Kelly." I looked up to see Maya and Cameron drained with sweat.

Ew.

Fuck no.

"Did you guys run here?" Mrs. Kelly raised her eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah." Cameron nodded, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Well, go on. Tell me what happened." Mrs. Kelly put her pen down, and took off her glasses, leaning back in her chair.

Maya took a deep breath, before speaking again. "Basically, meandCameronwerewalkingwhensuddenlythisguystolehisback,wechasedafterhimbutwefailed.Thenwerantoacornershoptobuyhimabookandpenforschool,thenwesawthatwewerelateforschoolsoweranasfastaswecould." Maya let out her breath, taking in another big one. "Thenthesameguystolemybagsowerantothecornershopagaintobymyselfapenandbook,afterthatweranhere. That also proved why we don't have our bags." Maya finally exhaled.

"Okay. Sit down." Mrs. Kelly shook her head as she continued writing whatever she was writing.

Maya and Cameron rushed to me and Elijah, sitting opposite us. 

"A lie?" I asked. 

Cameron grinned, nodding his head. "It was a lie, but it was worth it." He switched on his assigned computer, dancing his fingers across the keyboard.

"Seems like you both are on good terms now." Maya winked at me and Elijah.

"Yeah." Elijah replied, trying to his the smile that was playing on his face.

"Sorry were late Mrs. Kelly." I abruptly turned around to see Kane and Emily breathing in and out heavily.

"Where were you?" Mrs. Kelly frowned. You could tell she's kind of pissed, her wrinkles says it all.

"Basically." Emily sighed before speaking. "MeandKanewereonabustoschoolwhenthewheelgotdislocatedandweallnearlydied."

"Sothenweendeduprunningherewhenwesawthisoldmanwhodroppedhisapplessowehelpedhim,Thenwerantoschholwhenwesawalostkitten." Kane continued.

"And that-"

"Stop! Just sit down!" Mrs. Kelly rubbed her eyes in frustration.

"Thankyou, Mrs. Kelly." Kane grinned, running to Elijah to sit beside him, along with Emily.

"You guys helped an old man who dropped apples?" Elijah scoffed. "My ass. You guys would walk on the apples, and push the old guy." Elijah shook his head, slightly amused.