CHAPTER 16:

|ARCHER|

Its a Monday morning, which means its another school day. And that fucking sucks. 

Elijah groaned as he twisted and turned in bed. Frowning, I patted his shoulder.

"Elijah?" I muttered. He groaned slightly louder and began to sweat. "Hey, Elijah. What's wrong?" I raised my voice a little, trying to gain his attention and wake him up.

"N-no." He murmured, moving more in the bed.

"Hey! What's wrong!?" I yelled, lightly slapping his cheek.

"P-please...." 

"What!?" I grabbed my water bottle, pouring the water over him. He gasped, shooting out of the bed.

"W-what?"

"What happened? Did you have a nightmare? I-I got so scared." I didn't know that I was crying until I saw the bedsheet covered with drops of water.

"I....I....I'm so sorry, baby." He muttered, his voice barley above a whisper.

"What happened?" 

"J-just a bad d-dream, don't worry." He smiled. But his smile didn't cover the fear, distress, or horror he felt towards what he just dreamt. 

"O-okay, do you wanna still go to school, or stay home?" I ask, worry shown all over my face.

"N-no, I'd rather stay home." He grabbed the pillow closest to him, tightening his grip until his knuckles were pale, his veins were popping out.

"Yeah, sure. Um, well, call me if you need anything. Okay?"

"Sure, thanks baby." He kissed my forehead, pulling me close to him.

"I love you." I whisper, kissing his cheek.

"I love you too." 

{[TIME SKIP]}

I walked down the hall, making my way to the lockers. I looked left and right, searching for Maya and Cameron.

Sighing, I opened my locker, pulling out the books I need, and placing the ones I don't need back inside. 

I groaned as I headed to Chemistry class, my head was fucking banging. I swear I could just randomly fall down and burst into tears. 

To  be honest, I actually generally want to know what would happen if I just screamed, slapped a teacher, punched a student, threw a table and ran out the school building. I mean, in this academy, when I'm close to being a graduate, there's no way I'm gonna risk my life by doing that shit. 

Finally, I arrived to class, Mr. Alfred glaring at me. He's short, as fuck. Pretty ugly too, he got some ugly ass stubble beard. Blue eyes, with a hint of grey being shown. Not only is his face nasty, so his is fucking personality. 

"Why so late, Archer Anderson?" 

Ugh, bro thinks saying my full name gonna scare the shit outa me, well your fucking wrong. But, thinking about it, I don't know why I am late. Why the fuck am I late? Since when?

"Its 10:20, class starts at 9:30." 

"Oh, well, I kinds woke up late." I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"Really? Where was your dad?" He raised his eyebrow, using his right hand to scratch his stubble.

"I was at a friend's house." I answered.

"And?"

"And what?" I questioned, adjusting my bag over my shoulder.

"Who is your friend?" He pushed, clearly wanting to know something that he's gonna use against me in the future.

"None of your business. Mr. Mike Alfred."  Gasps filled the classroom, and so did the low voices of 'damn', 'burn', 'roasted', could be heard. 

"Principle's Office. Now!" I groaned, exiting the classroom.

Fuck these teachers.

He was the one asking too much. What is he? Some therapist?

I stopped it my tracks when my phone went off. I pulled it out of my pant pocket, a big smile appearing my face.

Scratch that.

My love is calling me.

"Hello?" 

"Hey, baby. How are you?" Elijah's voice was hoarse, and groggy, like he just woke up.

"I'm going to the principles office. Mr. Alfred being a pain in the ass." 

"Damn. I was thinking that-" Cries of a young child could be heard, causing the line to go silent. "Baby, I'm gonna go to Allister, he needs help. Love you, bye." Before I could even reply, he hung up.  I felt a knife stab me in the heart, piercing it deeply.

Its fine. Yeah, It's fine. He needs to deal with Allister.

{[TIME SKIP]}

"So, what I'm saying is, that good for nothing teacher is being so damn nosy! Its a Monday morning, of course were gonna come to school late and tired!" I slammed my hands against the desk, keeping eye contact with Principle Sheldon. 

"I understand, but you shouldn't answer back-"

"What? Listen up, Principle Sheldon, I'm in no mood to argue, so don't make this more worse than it already is. I. Want. Him. Gone. Fired. Anything." I stood up from my seat, pushing the chair back, causing it  to fall on the floor.

"I cant just fire him!" He raised his voice a little.

"He's a bad teacher. Everyone knows it, I bet you do too." I grabbed my bag, and turned around, my back facing the principle. "Don't bother lying." And with that, I was gone. 

I was walking down the hall to the school gates, when I bumped into someone. "Sorry- Oh hey, Emily."

"Hey Kid."

"Where you heading?" I ask.

"Home, you?"

"Home." I reply.

After chatting for a little while, we both parted and made our way home.