32 'THIRTY TWO'

Annabelle furrowed her brows as she scrolled through her phone. There were several messages in the group but she had a hard time going through them. She rolled her eyes as she closed the chat window quickly.

Her coursemates were not just lousy in person, they were also lousy online, Every time she opened the group, there were always over 2000 messages unread. What was so interesting for them to keep talking about for hours?

She opened the Google Map, confirming that she was going in the right direction as she climbed the stairs. As for why her departmental president had asked for her, she had no idea. Her taciturn class president had sent her a message to visit the departmental secretariat because the departmental president wanted to see her.

Annabelle wondered if she had ever attended any departmental meeting or congress; most times she was too busy and other times she saw the information after the congress had been held. She had no friends in the department, not that she minded. So she certainly knew that she had never come across the president before. All efforts at guessing why her president would want to see her proved abortive.

Annabelle's eyes remained glued to her phone as she walked. Someone walked past her and her head was immediately whipped upwards as a smell drifted into her nose. The smell was sharp and refreshing, it made all the frayed nerves in her body cool down.

"Damn, you smell nice." Her lips parted to speak as she turned around to find out her voice had stopped the other person. A guy taller than her stood a few meters away from her, dressed in a casual round neck and free jeans and trousers, His oval face was attractive and the pair of blue-rimmed glasses resting on his small nose even further highlighted the attractiveness of his face.

"Excuse me?" He opened his mouth to say and Annabelle chuckled.

Nice smell. Nice voice.

"That's rare, for someone to tick the two boxes," Annabelle replied and the guy's full brows pulled together in confusion.

"Are you talking to me?" He asked again and Annabelle nodded.

"You smell like pine," Annabelle replied and the boy stared at her in surprise. He was yet to get out another word when Annabelle turned and walked away.

"It's the first time someone got it right, just by scent," he muttered into the air. He tilted his head, a puzzled expression crawling up his face, "She looks oddly familiar, who is she?"

DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACY

FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES SECTARIAT.

Annabelle glanced at the inscription inscribed on the wall and slowly stepped inside. A girl sat in the first seat, scrolling through her phone. When she raised her head, Annabelle recognized her from a flash of surprise in her eyes.

"Hi, I'm here to see the President," Annabelle stated and the girl furrowed her brows.

"For?" For a brief moment, Annabelle thought she heard irritation in her voice.

"Well, maybe you should ask him, he asked for me," Annabelle said, and the girl looked at her incredulously for a moment.

Why would he send for you? What does he want from you?" She fired and Annabelle chuckled.

"I didn't mishear the first time," she replied and the girl frowned.

"Why don't you ask him all these questions you are asking me? My class president sent me a message informing me that the departmental president had asked me to come and see him. Annabelle added and the girl hissed loudly before standing up from her seat and walking further into the office.

𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें