29 'TWENTY - NINE'

Black looked at King strangely as he extended his hand towards him. "Do I need to repeat myself?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and dropping the car key into his palms.

"You are going to apologize?" Black inquired, but King refused to respond and got into the car.

Black slipped his hands into his pockets and watched as Micah reversed and drove out of the compound. "It is not like I will laugh at him when he is apologizing," Black said, chuckling. "That would be a sight to see, though," he added before pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

"Come and pick me up at school; your boss has graciously left me to fend for myself," Black grumbled, and a female voice entered his ears.

"Then fend for yourself," and the call was abruptly terminated. Black stared at the phone after hearing the beep sound and burst into laughter.

"I need to report all of them, they are taking me too lightly," he said to no one in particular before turning his gaze to the building behind him.

"Hopefully she grows a brain in Amsterdam," Black added as he walked away, his hands in his pockets.

Micah telling her to leave him was completely unexpected. He knew the latter was going to do something extreme, like publicly apologize to Jemima, but Farida had consistently ruined her chances; if she had apologized and remained silent the first time, maybe she would have gotten off, but she took her chance to live and, as Micah put it, she flung it in his face that she did not need it.

"Anyways, if he left her alone, she would find another way to stir up trouble for Jemimah. It is a good thing she is leaving," he said as a car stopped in front of him. The glass was lowered, and a very attractive young lady sat in the driver's seat.

"You came!" Black exclaimed joyfully as he opened the door and got into the car.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jemimah froze the moment his voice entered her ears and sat up on her bed, ignoring the tremor that ran through her body when she heard his voice.

"You are?" she asked again to be sure.

"King," the other replied simply.

"I am outside your hostel," he added before hanging up.

Jemima stared at her phone, blinking rapidly. King was looking for her. For what? She walked out of bed, pulling a roundneck over her head. Various thoughts raced through her mind, but she came to one conclusion: Jeremiah has informed King of her predicament. When she stepped out of her hostel, there was no King in sight, but seeing the black Camry parked by the side, even though her glasses were tinted, she knew it was him.

She got into the car by opening the door to the front passenger seat and closing it behind her. Maybe because she had cried her eyes out earlier, Jemimah wasn't thinking of running away from him. She was tired and moody.

"Hello," she said, trying to smile. A small frown crawled up Micah's face after she greeted him.

"Are you okay?" he inquired, and Jemima allowed the air conditioning in the car to blow against her. She reached for the lever beside the chair and yanked it back, allowing the carseat to recline.

"Sort of," Jemima replied. She was more than sure that Jeremiah had informed him.

"I'm sorry about what happened. "I will take care of it," Micah said, and Jemima turned to face him, one of her eyebrows raised.

"I am half to blame for your predicament," Micah added, but Jemima did not bother asking what he meant. If he said he was going to take care of it, Jemima had no doubts that he was going to. The cold air blowing against her made her sleepy, and because she had cried earlier, the sleepiness weighed heavily on her.