22 'TWENTY-TWO'

This chapter is dedicated to Faitholuwa Thank you, everyone, for the 8k reads, let's do more. Love you guys.

"My cookies and Chocolates are almost done," Jemima said as Doyin nodded her head munching on her piece of chocolate. Ever since she barged out of the lecture theater the day before, Doyin had been acting out of sorts and rather weirdly. Jemima had chosen not to ask what was going on. She was also giving the twins the silent treatment.

She had not said a word to Paul or Peter throughout that day. It made Jemima worried and at the same time made her feel on edge, like there was something she didn't she didn't know.

"Should we go get some outside?" Doyin offered surprising Jemima who blinked her big eyes at her.

"You want to go out?" she asked and Doyin nodded her head. "Don't you?" she asked and Jemima laughed, her voice flat.

"Considering how you've been acting these days, I didn't think you would want to go out" Jemima replied and Doyin froze for a few seconds as she sat on Jemima's bed.

"Look. Jemi, I'm really sorry about today and yesterday. I'm irritated of some sort and I can't figure it out" Doyin replied, and Jemima slowly nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked and Doyin shook her head.

"I think that would even put me in a more irritatable state" She revealed.

"Let's go to the supermarket, there are some other things I'd like to get," Jemima said walking towards her wardrobe and replacing her crop top with a large round neck.

"Do you need to change?"Jemima asked and the latter shook her head.

"Then let's go"

Jemima locked the door behind her and dropped the key at the usual place, walking out of the hostel with Doyin with her eyes squinted. She genuinely hated whatever was going on between Doyin and everyone else. She had played the scene in her head a hundred times and had yet to find something that could have set off Doyin.

The boys had tried to talk to her earlier that day and Doyin had treated them like they didn't exist, while it had made Peter withdraw, Paul was rather undisturbed. He had even assured her not to worry that Doyin would come around soon. Made her suddenly feel displaced out of their friendship, maybe it was something Peter and Paul were used to from their long years of friendship.

If Adesewa, Farida, or Ing would have gotten into such moods; they would have it taken care of already. She genuinely missed her friends. The trip to the supermarket was a rather very silent one. Both girls were focused on their phones and didn't say a word to each other. Jemima pulled a trolley towards herself as soon as they walked into the supermarket.

"Doyin!" someone exclaimed and both girls turned to see a girl carrying a nylon walking towards them. She was obviously done shopping and Jemima wondered where she had seen the girl before.

"Heyy, What's up?" Doyin greeted back a bright look on her face that surprised Jemima.

"Oh, Jemima, meet Martha, Martha is Jemima" Doyin introduced and Martha smiled brightly at Jemima.

"Of course, I know you, I think more than half of CUA students do" Martha started and Jemima smiled lightly.

"Thank you" She didn't know if Martha was saying a compliment or was being sarcastic.

"You said you were coming to come and visit last month but you haven't even replied to my DM's not to talk of visiting" Marta accused Doyin who immediately grabbed her arm.

"I'm sorry huh" she whined hoping to make Martha forgive her.

"What about this, I'll follow you back home now?" Doyin suggested and Jemima furrowed her brows.