06 ' SIX '

Annabelle scrolled through her phone; grim lines spreading across her face. Reading the blog post made her cackle into laughter. This was someone she doubted even knew her and probably heard the story from a third party yet claimed that she bullied them.

Annabelle could never understand humans; they way their thought process happened and what went on in their heads. Sometimes she badly wanted to crack some of some skulls open and check whether they actually had pear sized brains or it was just a compilation of nerve endings.

A call came inhaling her eyes off the headline of the blog post. She scrolled the accept call button while placing the phone on the table and putting it on a loudspeaker.

"Annabelle, I heard something happened in school" an exasperated voice came through the phone and Annabelle immediately snickered.

"You heard already? News sure does travel fast" Annabelle replied folding her arms and shaking her head.

"What do you mean I heard already? Have you forgotten what Director Ajose said to you?" The voice asked again even more exasperated than when she first spoke. Annabelle's smile was immediately wiped off by her statement and she sighed again, rubbing her forehead.

"It was not my fault okay? They were gossiping and she tried to pull on my..." Annabelle started replying and paused half way in her statement.

"Oh I forgot; I bullied them, that's what happened" she finished pursing her lips.

"Annabelle! Why would you bully someone else? If the news gets out; how are your fans going to defend you?!"

"Fans? If you want to pull a card; pull a card that actually exists okay?" Annabelle shot at her a frown marring her face.

"Just stay under the radar Annabelle. One more strike and you are out. So please Anna, please"

Annabelle glanced at her phone and ended the call.

They were all the same. Humans.

Annabelle was yet to stand up from her seat when two girls approached her nervously. Her eyebrow wriggled uprightly seeing them and her eyes twinkled intentionally asking them what they wanted with her eyes.

"Hi Annabelle, my name is Sarah"

"Hi Sarah, nice to meet you. How may I help you?" Anabbelle asked, folding her arms. Sarah played with her fingers nervously as her friend tugged on her shirt urging to speak up. Realizing that Sarah was too nervous to say anything; Annabelle turned to her friend.

"Why don't you tell me what she's doing in front of me?" Annabelle asked and her friend frowned slightly at Annabelle's tone.

"She's auditioning to be a model at SOLO, so she thinks if you take a few pictures with her; it could increase her chances of being picked," her friend replied and Annabelle burst into laughter.

"You won't get picked," she replied with a straight face that froze both girls.

"Excuse me?" Sarah stuttered out.

"I said you won't get picked," Annabelle replied, still wearing a straight face.

"Annabelle!" her friend exclaimed.

"That's so rude! Must you be nasty and overbearing every time?" she asked, glaring hatefully at Annabelle who merely chuckled at their change in expressions.

"Aren't you supposed to ask me why?" she asked and both girls decided to keep mute watching as a small smile spread across her lips.

"I'll tell you why you came to me" Annabelle started watching every single expression that crossed their faces.