02 ' TWO '

Jemimah rubbed her forehead slipping her phone back into her bag. She was so done been the third wheel at Jeremiah and Bimbo's dates. She of course enjoyed being with her elder brother and her only friend in school but she definitely didn't enjoy been the third wheel.

She adjusted her bag on her shoulder when suddenly a tall shadow loomed over her and Jemimah raised her head to see who was standing in front of her. She rolled her eyes and moved to walk away and the shadow was twice as quick as her to block her way.

"What do you want?" Jemimah asked bored.

"I'm sorry" Peter replied and Jemimah turned to him in slight surprise.

"I'm sorry about earlier. It was rude and insensitive of me" Peter added while Jemimah squinted her eyes at him.

"Doyin told you to apologize huh?" Jemimah asked watching as Peter's brows lifted up in surprise.

"You don't have to do things you don't want to do because of others. Most especially, you don't have to apologize to anyone if you are not been honest about it" Jemimah added not waiting for Peter's reply before turning and walking away.

Maybe because she had already gotten used to her loner life, Jemimah wasn't in the bit bothered that while a lot of the students were clustered together talking loudly and chattering with excitement all over their faces; she had her bag to hold and her ear pods playing music to keep her comfort. She couldn't even talk to herself.

Jemimah sighed as she turned into the lane of her hostel. The day was once again ending without anything new or anything special.

"Jemi!" Someone yelled and subconsciously Jemimah turned to see Doyin running towards her. Puzzled and confused, her steps came to a stop as she watched the dark skinned girl run towards her.

"So what did she say?" Doyin asked as she intertwined her hands with Peter's.

"Doyin told you to apologize right? You don't have to do things you don't want to do because of others. Most especially, you don't have to apologize to anyone if you are not being honest about it" Peter replied as Paul and Doyin stared at him confused.

"What is that?" Paul asked.

"I'm not following, what are you saying?" Doyin asked.

"That's what she said" Peter replied and he slid his hands into his pockets.

"Wow" Paul said after a while scratching the back of the head.

"You two had better follow me" Doyin said as she started running.

"Doyin where are you running to?" Paul yelled after her jogging after her.

"Stop running, what if you trip?" Peter yelled after her as he also started running after her.

Doyin tried to regulate her breathing as she stood in front of Jemimah who was still wearing a confused and surprised look.

"Heyy" Doyin said after a while and Jemimah nodded.

"Why did you run after me?" Jemimah asked and Doyin sighed straightening up. She didn't know why or what must have caused it but ever since she saw Jemimah in the lecture theater; the urge to get close to this rumored stuck up and arrogant girl had been too overwhelming.

She couldn't figure out why or how she was feeling that way but she did want to get close to her. She was really curious about her. The twins as well had caught up to her and Doyin smiled at Jemimah.

"I met the Paul and Peter at Summer lesson in my SSS2. We weren't going to the same school but we've been friends since then. Three years and counting, so I know them quite a bit" Doyin started and Jemimah nodded wondering where the conversation was going.