25 'TWENTY - FIVE'

Paul crossed his legs on the bed with his eyes closed, murmuring words that his roommates could not understand. He kept tapping his fingers on his belly in a rhythm. A few seconds after hearing his room door open, he felt the bedside gently press down on his legs. His eyes fluttered open slowly, and he saw a face that was a perfect reflection of his own.

"What is it?" he asked quietly, folding his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"I believe she now knows," Peter replied, a small smile on his face.

"That's interesting. How did she know?" He inquired, and Peter shook his head.

"I am not sure," he answered.

"How do you know that she now knows?" Peter shrugged in response to Paul's question.

"Well, she now knows. "What are we doing next?" he asked, and Paul sat up slowly on the bed, using the wall as a pillow and pulling his legs to himself.

"If she already knows, isn't she acting contrary to what we expect?" Paul inquired, and Peter rubbed his brow.

"I did tell you that it was risky to pin the success of the plan on her. "We do not know her," he responded, and Paul immediately frowned.

"Yes, and it was you who decided to go with the plan that pinned her with eighty percent success, remember?" Paul shot back at him.

"I told you that some information from her former classmates wouldn't be enough for us to ascertain what kind of person she is. "She is full of surprises; you can not even guess or imagine what she is thinking," he added, chuckling.

"She could even derail the plan," Paul said as he raised his head to meet Peter's.

He growled, "Shut up your mouth."

"You are not the only one who lost someone that day, Peter, so swallow whatever anger is creeping up your throat," Paul replied, and Peter let his back fall to the bed.

"So, what is next?" he inquired, and Paul sighed softly.

"If she knows, we should keep an eye on her movements for a while," Paul suggested.

"Should we try Bimbo?" Peter inquired abruptly, and Paul laughed.

"She knows enough that we could put her to use," he added.

"You think she's a joke? A girl with love all over her head?" Paul asked.

"For now, Jemima is our best bet. It might not work, but luckily we have a backup plan," he continued, and Peter nodded.

"What exactly do you think you are doing, Peter?" Paul inquired, and Peter turned to face him.

"What do you mean?" he asked, his brow furrowed.

"Vickie, Doyin," Paul replied with distaste in his mouth. His eyes were focused on the latter, scanning for any change of emotion. They were so familiar with one another that they could read each other's minds with a glance, and most of the time, Peter irritated him to the point where he occasionally found it impossible to breathe.

"You know we can not have her in the middle of this mess," Peter defended, and Paul burst out laughing.

"You and I both know what a terrible liar you are, Peter, so shove that excuse up your ass." Middle of this mess? I told you to let's cut her off even before we started this whole thing in the first place, but you refused. "She was already in the middle when we started this," Paul replied.

"And what dickhead move was asking Jemima to give Vickie your number?" he asked again.

"Jemima will tell either Jeremiah or Black what we told her, and they will know something is wrong because that is top-notch information, and whether we like it or not, she will start keeping things away from us." "Vickie is another way to find out what she is up to," Peter stated emphatically.