35. Intense feeling

Lena had stayed with Charisma most of the day, Charisma was becoming increasingly worried about Keegan and what he had done to Keane, and how that would have left him. "Charisma you're on egg shells.."

Charisma looked at Lena. "I just thought that I would had heard from him by now....

"Call him."

Charisma shook her head. "No, I can't... I don't know what head space he is in right now..."

"You don't need to do that hiding from him thing anymore sis... he's a changed man... call him.."

Charisma was about to call Keegan as Lena's phone rang and it was Marlon. "Hey... how's LA?." She said to him.

" She said to him

"Yeah... it's good.. I just wanted to make sure that you're good... it felt weird coming back to LA without you.."

Lena smiled. "Aww.. I'm okay... I'm with Charisma... we're gonna be just fine.." she said and Charisma smiled.

As Lena talked to Marlon so the door opened and Charisma heard Keegan come home. He started to walk up the stairs before she went out to the bottom of the stairs and spotted him.
"Keegan?..."

"Go back in there C... I'll be down in a second...

"No, look at me...

"You don't wanna see this okay..." he said to her still not facing her.

Charisma sighed. "Please.. I've been worried..."

He slowly turned to face her, she was taken aback of how much blood he was covered in. She put her hand to her mouth without even realising it. "Oh my god...

"I'm gonna take a shower C okay... I don't want you to ask me anything right now... we'll talk in a while..." he said and continued on up the stairs.

Charisma walked back in as Lena just finished the call with Marlon. She saw the look on her face. "Sis?..."

"I think Keane's dead.." she said with tears welling. It didn't matter that she knew something was going to happen to him and she had even told Keegan to do what he had to do. She was still a mother first and she turned cold as she thought about it and the reality hit.

Lena gave her a hug, knowing only too well, when Jenson had taken one of their own, that feeling inside of grief and emptiness. "Do you need me to leave so you can talk?..."

"If you don't mind...

"Of course not sis... I'll call you tomorrow cos I have something to tell you." She said kissing her sister's cheek and leaving.

—————

"..... so how did yo talk with dad go?.."

"Different than I expected... he actually fucking listened.." Josh said to Arlen. "It felt weird... I've got to call him in a bit and tell him how I'm gonna handle Kent and Keegan..."