Blissful aftermaths

Start from the beginning

I watch as his back rose and fell in a rhythm that was both comforting and hypnotic. Both of his hands under the pillow as the blankets were bunched up around his sleeping form almost making him look as if he were wrapped in a nest.

I sit on the edge of the bed, taking a moment to simply appreciate the beauty of this moment. The quiet of the night surrounding us, interrupted only by the soft sound of his steady breaths. I reach out to gently brush a strand of hair away from his face, feeling a surge of tenderness for this man who has become my rock, my refuge. My everything, the moon to my sun.

I could feel my eyes clouding with boiling hot tears as I traced his cheek with my knuckles, I sniffled as those translucent drops escaped from my eyes and I softly started to sing,

"♪ Wise men say, Only fools rush in~ ♪" I took the blanket that was kicked off the bed in his haste to collapse in our sanctuary, fluffing it up before letting the blanket cover his whole body.

"♪ But I can't help Fallin' in love with you~ ♪" I placed a kiss on his forehead as I kept tidying up the room from our little girls reigning chaos earlier in the day as they had their imaginary tea party with their brother and my husband.

I am faced with my own room which I share that looks like a tornado has swept through it. The floor is littered with tea cups, saucers, and miniature plates, all surrounded by spilled water and pretend tea. But you know what, I wouldn't trade it for the world,

"♪ Oh, shall I stay? Would it be a sin?~♪" I opened the ottoman at the foot of our bed, and placed the plastic tea cups in our baby shower present from Clay.

I've decided that instead of placing shoes in the chest, I've decided to place spare toys that needed to have either me or Floyd had to supervise them for especially since most of the time my husband loved to roam around barefoot along with our gremlins.

"♪ Oh, if I can't help Fallin' in love with you ♪" I looked at their little makeup table that sat right next to mine with It's glossy faux finish and man it was a mess, with lipstick smudges on the mirror and eyeshadow scattered everywhere. The powder smeared into the mirror in the formation of smiley faces with lipstick messages under them,

'We love you daddy' with a little stick figure doodle of me in my green lipstick with my left hand holding a small matching figure of Juniper scribbled in blue holding a pink Ambrose's hand and Ambrose holding a purple Hyacinth. Floyd who was also scribbled as a stick figure was also a blue color but the kids took time to color his hair with the same shade as Ambrose's stick figure.

"♪ Like a river flows, Surely to the sea ♪" I wiped the tears from my eyes as I started I carefully pick up each tube of glittery clear lipstick and pot of eyeshadow, placing them back in their designated spots in the little pink plastic vanity that sat next to mine.

I clean the mirror with glass cleaner, removing any smudges and fingerprints left by my little ones' eager hands with much regret since their sweet words and little drawing of our little family written in a rainbow of different shaded smudged lipsticks made my heart flutter with warmth.

♪ Darling so it goes, Some things Are meant to be~ ♪ As I work, I can't help but smile with a watery grin at the memories of my children playing and laughing together with their father joining in on their schemes that always ranged from singing songs, throwing imaginary tea parties or make overs.

They were absolute nightmares but despite that and the messes they leave behind with Floyd letting them run amuck like the demonic hellspawn they are, I wouldn't trade those moments for anything. 

I certainly was able to prove my theory correctly with how Floyd was the most amazing father as he seamlessly blended in with the kids and their antics even going as far to rile them up for their mischief like he was one of them.

He was definitely meant to be a father.

"♪ Take my hand, Take my whole life too~♪" I kept singing as I grabbed Ambrose's stuffed caterpillar he dropped in haste of running to dinner time and placed it down besides his sleeping father.

"♪ Oh, for I can't help, Fallin' in love with you~ ♪" I let out a cheeky grin as Floyd cuddled the caterpillar placing a kiss on the top of it, almost subconsciously assuming it was one of the children coming to bed with us.

"♪ Oh, like a river flows, Surely to the sea~ ♪"

"♪Darling so it goes, Some things are meant to be~ ♪" just like us, I thought as I pressed another kiss but this time to the nape of his neck, feeling the baby hairs tickling me as I pulled the blankets over the plush toy. Ambrose would never forgive me if Captain sparkle- face was treated with disrespect.

"♪ Oh, take my hand, Take my whole life too~ ♪"

"♪ For I can't help, Fallin' in love with you~ ♪" And as I finish tidying up the room restoring it back to its previous version back before they had wrecked it, but I took a sigh filled with lament because I know that it won't be long before they're back at it again, creating another mess for me to clean up with their soft doodles of me and Floyd across the mirror again with thsoe little messages sprawled out for me to specifically read– and I wouldn't do anything to change it or disrupt this little balance between the five of us.

I'm pretty sure that Floyd could say the same thing as me since he adores them just as much as I do.

"♪ Oh, oh, for I, I can't help, Fallin' in love with you~♪" I let my last note drag as I finished as slipped into the bedsheets with Floyd almost developing a second sense of me being near him grabbing my waist with both of those deep pigmented hands and pulling me to him.

With a giggle I let him snuggle his face into my chest as he released a relaxed sigh almost in recognition of me being back from my shower.

I let the smooth sounds of the nature around us soothe me into a soft slumber, excited as I get to show off my little battalion to the rest of Pop village and their newly minted grandfather.

________

A/n: hey guys I really wanted to give you guys another chapter so let me know what you think,

The song used in this one is: Can't help falling in love by Haley Reinheart.