Talking with the bros- (floyd's pov)

I laid there my cheek pressed against my lovers soft pudge and while I still got faint whiffs of cucumber melon, a new scent started to take its place it was growing thicker every day as he settled into his new form, it smelt like sparkling pear, a dash of freesia and an earthy musk, that reminded me of the forest at night with the scent of dew drops that sat in the cool crisp air.

His adorable small sips followed by gentle swallows as the chill of winter started to creep in through Pop village was domesticated and blissful. I fluttered my eyes shut as I felt a purr as he gently ran his fingernails through my hair.

I remembered for too long how lonely I was, the bone crushing silence as there was no one to talk to except the stars and my fallen tears as I laid there drowning in my regret and despair.

But now, I have him, we have each other along with all the people in our small tight knit family that we've weaved together.

I never thought my life would become this domesticated but I found myself leaning into it much more as I noticed that I wasn't the only one learning to be vulnerable and trusting others.

My face grew hot in heat as I can definitely remember the words that made my heart swoon last night. I remember them so vividly that my heart yearns to make them true,

"I have to get back to my husband-"

That simple sentence had made my heart want to soar at the idea of me being Veneer's husband. If being his husband would always be like tonight and for the rest of our lives, I would marry him in a heartbeat.

I needed to talk to my brothers about it- maybe they would have a valid reasoning, why him telling my ex boyfriend that he was my husband set off a arrangement of warm fluttery feelings in my chest.

"Hey gumdrop?"

"Yeah bubblegum?"

"Do you wanna maybe go downstairs and eat some brownies and... maybe play chess?" I watched as he nervously bit his lip and I chuckled and watched his face light up as he puffed his cheeks out,

"Of course I will." His eyes almost brightened as I agreed and I could feel myself swooning.

_____________

"C'mon Floyd, don't be shy." I sighed and watched as my brothers were all staring at me with joyful mirth in their eyes and knowing grins on their faces.

Veneer was off with Poppy and Viva to go decoration hunting, both of his sisters deciding that he needed more decorations for our home. However before he left he wasn't spared from the wolf whistles that hounded him at the sight of his heavily bruised neck.

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about." I crossed my legs as I took a sip of the fermented jungle berry juice, it's acidity distracting me from the smug grins on my brother's faces.

"Dude You left Veneer looking like he got mauled!" Clay chuckled out and took his own swig of his drink as my face was starting to match my navy blue pants with intensity as the flush settled on my face.

"Well I mean-" I started to defend myself from my brother's relentless pursuit of hounding me for bruising Veneer's neck as much as I have.

"You totally went at him like an animal, damn Floyd never expected that from you!" John chuckled and I could feel my whole body being set aflame and Clay was having a slice of Fluffleberry Cake, he smirked as he stabbed a piece of cake before saying,

"Sooo when are you guys getting married." I choked on my drink as all of the others started agreeing with him.

"Well I mean I-" I definitely could imagine him in a dazzling white suit those big blueberry colored eyes twinkling with tears and I sense a goofy lovestruck look painted on my face.