Chapter 20

I felt movement in my arms and ignored it. I was just about to drift off back to sleep when I felt my eyelid being forced open and a pair of brown eyes was staring back at me.

"Lolo, are you awake?" Camila whispered.

"No," I grumbled pushing Camila's hand away.

"You're silly" Camila giggled crawling out of my arms.

"I'm sleepy" I said.

"But it's night night time" Camila said.

"I know," I said flipping over to face away from Camila.

I finally managed to fall back asleep after Camila kept yelling as she was sleeping. I figured she was having a nightmare, but I wasn't entirely sure what to do.

"I had a bad dream and then I woke up and heard scary noises outside of the door" Camila said pointing to the bedroom door.

I rubbed my eyes to get the sleep out of them and sat up, giving Camila my full attention.

"What kind of noises?" I asked.

"Screaming and crying" Camila said and then made the noises with her mouth.

"Okay," I said placing my hand over her mouth to get her to be quiet.

"Are you going to go see what it is?" I asked.

"I guess," I said getting out of bed.

When I noticed Camila doing the same, I stopped her.

"I want to come" Camila whined.

"No, stay here" I said.

"But it's scary" Camila said.

I picked the stuffed animal from the floor and handed it to Camila.

"This will protect you" I said and kissed Camila on top of the head.

I was about to walk away, but Camila grabbed my arm and gave me a pleading look.

"Kiss," Camila said puckering her lips.

I sighed and kissed Camila on the lips, making sure it was briefly. When I pulled away from the kiss, Camila touched her lips and smiled. I walked to the bedroom door and before I left, I turned around to face Camila who was now playing with the stuffed animal.

"Stay here Camila," I said and Camila looked up at me and nodded her head before she brought her attention back to her stuffed animal.

I walked out into the dimly lit hallway and looked both ways to see if I was in the clear. I started to walk in the direction where Ally told me was restricted for me to go. I didn't make it far as I stopped in my tracks when I heard talking and I quickly found a place to hide to not be seen.

"Have you checked on Lauren?" Natasha asked.

"Do I look like her fucking babysitter to you?" Elise said.

"She was sleeping with Camila last time I checked on her" Ally said.

"What do you mean sleeping with?" Natasha asked.

"Someone sounds jealous" Elise said.

Natasha cleared her throat. "It's nothing like that babe" Natasha said.

"Sure... it isn't and don't call me pet names" Elise said.

"Anyway, they were just sleeping in the bed like normal people do. Before that they were asleep on the floor" Ally said.

"Well, I need to check up on her" Natasha said.

"Maybe another time because we have other problems" Ally said.