Chapter 5

"Can I see Camila today?" I asked as my mom placed a sandwich in front of me on a plate.

"Lauren Michelle you ask me this every day and you know what the answer will be" my mom said.

"But I was being good" I said before taking a bite of my sandwich.

"It's not that simple sweetheart" my mom said.

"Why not?" I asked.

Chris walked into the kitchen and headed straight for the fridge.

"Because your girlfriend is at a rehabilitation center for bipolar disorder and if you see her then you will probably fuck up her treatment" Chris said taking a water bottle out of the fridge.

"What's bipolar disorder?" I asked.

"It's nothing and Chris remember what we talked about" our mom said.

"I didn't upset her. I was just telling her the truth" Chris said.

"Are you hanging out with Normani today?" my mom asked ignoring Chris.

"I think so" I said, finishing my sandwich.

"Well you need to get ready and Chris will drop you off at Normani's house" my mom said.

"Since when? She has her own car so she can drive there. Plus I have plans" Chris said.

"You're taking your sister to her friend's house end of discussion" our mom said before giving me a kiss on top of my head and leaving for work.

"You don't have to take me. I can walk" I said starting to walk up the stairs.

"Just tell mom that I took you though" Chris said.

"Okay," I said and ran up the stairs and into my room.

I spent the past week calling and texting Camila's phone in hopes that she would text me back. Taylor caught me trying to call Camila and told me that they didn't allow her to have phones where she was. As much as I wanted to go over to Camila's house to find out where she was, my parent's prevented me from doing so. Once I changed into my usual clothing of a T-shirt and black skinny jeans, I ran back downstairs and took my medication before walking over to Normani's house.

I was about to turn a corner when a car pulled up alongside me and something hard hit me on the side of the face. I started running, but the person in the car drove alongside me and kept throwing stuff at me. When I finally made it to Normani's house, the car sped off and I looked down and noticed I was covered in eggs. I knocked on the door and Normani opened the door with a smile on her face that quickly faded.

"I'm sorry that I'm dirty" I said.

Normani sighed. "Come in Lauren" Normani said.

I followed behind Normani as she led me into the bathroom and started to run the water for me.

"Why are we in here?" I asked.

"To clean you up" Normani said. "I'll be in the living room if you need me"

"Okay," I said as Normani closed the bathroom door behind her.

I stripped off all of my clothes and got into the shower. I was washing my body with soap when my fingers stopped over a scar on my right side. I immediately thought of Camila seeing as she was the one who gave me the scar to begin with. I couldn't help the sob that escaped my mouth as my tears and the water falling down on me mixed together.

*Lauren's Flashback*

"Camz, I want to try it" I said trying to take the thing she was smoking out of her hand.