Chapter 17

My head was throbbing and I opened my eyes to a room with bright lights. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the brightness. I closed my eyes and opened them again to see a pair of brown eyes curiously staring back at me.

"Lolo," Camila said.

"Camz," I said rubbing my eyes.

"Are you hurt?" Camila asked as I looked around the room.

"I don't know" I said trying to stand up but my legs were aching.

"I think you're hurt" Camila said nervously.

Everything came rushing back to me and I realized that I needed to get to Maia. I got up slowly from the floor and looked around the room for a door. Camila backed away from me with panic in her eyes. There's was only one door in the room and three glass windows. I headed straight for the door, but when I pulled on the handle to open it that it didn't budge.

"Why won't it open?" I asked turning around to face Camila who was sitting down with her legs pressed to her chest rocking back and forth.

"I must be good Camila to make Lolo like me" Camila said.

"I want to leave" I said.

There was a screeching noise and then a voice spoke from an intercom.

"Don't panic Lauren, everything will be okay" Sinu said over the intercom.

The once darkened windows were now illuminated with light revealing Tori and Maia in one room. Normani, Dinah, and Ally in another room. Then there was a room with Elise and Natasha.

"Sinu, you've truly reached a new low" Dinah said from the room she was in looking rather bored.

I ran over to the window where Maia was and tapped on the glass. She looked as if someone attacked her with bruising becoming visible on her wrist and she was still unconscious.

"You will all be giving the opportunity to leave as long as you follow the rules" Sinu said over the loud speaker.

Natasha groaned resting her head against the glass. "This is like some stupid Saw movie shit" Natasha said.

"Don't give her any ideas" Normani said.

"Maia," I said focusing my attention only on the Australian girl.

"She can't hear you Lauren" Tori said sitting in a corner of the same room as Maia.

"You hurt her" I said.

"It wasn't me" Tori said.

"Liar," I yelled.

"Hey, calm down Lauren" Natasha said.

"She will wake up don't worry" Normani added.

"I should have never had trusted Sinu" Ally said.

"Now you've come to that conclusion?" Normani asked.

"I was trying to protect you" Ally said.

"Hold up, you were helping them with this?" Dinah asked.

"I had my reasons and it's not as if I had a choice" Ally said.

"Everyone has a choice" Normani said.

"Will you three shut the hell up with the bickering?" Natasha said in an annoyed tone.

"It's nice to see everyone getting along, but know that none of this is about the rest of you. I just want to see my daughter happy again with the one person that she loves and until that happens you all will be stuck here until then. I will be back later to check on all of you" Sinu said into the intercom.