Chapter 18

I opened my eyes to a room that I didn't quite recognize. I was expecting to wake up in a hospital, not in a bedroom. I slowly sat up and heard soft giggling. I looked around the room to see where the giggling was coming from when my eyes landed on Camila. She had some sort of toy in her hand and was playing with it. I brought my hand to my face to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I felt a hand on my wrist to stop me.

"If you rub your eyes then you will irritate them" a familiar voice said and I looked up to see Ally.

I almost fell out of my bed in shock. I tried to pull my arm away from her, but she refused to let go.

"Calm down Lauren and let me explain before you freak out" Ally said.

"You're dead" I said.

Ally shushed me and looked in the direction where Camila was sitting on the floor playing with a toy.

"You have to keep your voice down. You and Taylor wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for Camila" Ally said.

"I'm confused" I said.

Ally sighed. "I guess I should just start from the beginning but just know that everything was done for a reason" Ally said.

"Okay," I said.

*Ally's POV (Ally's Flashback)*

"Camila, they are bullying her again" I said standing outside of the classroom that Lauren was in when I saw Brad and Jacob high fiving one another and Lauren bending down to pick up her things.

"What else is new?" Camila asked uninterested in what I said.

"I think that maybe you should do something about it" I said.

Camila ignored me and started talking to Shawn. Lauren walked out of the classroom and glared at Shawn and Camila before clenching her fist. Camila looked at Lauren and then Lauren walked away.

"You have no game Mendes" Dinah said.

"I'll catch you all later" Camila said and then walked away. No doubt going to look for Lauren.

"Do you think she will go out with me?" Shawn asked.

"Doubtful, but you tried" Dinah said.

Shawn sighed. "Thanks for being honest with me" Shawn said before walking away.

"Camila shouldn't treat Lauren as if she's not a real person" I said.

"Ally, we've discussed this numerous times. Camila can't help the way she treats Lauren especially with the things her mom does to her" Dinah said.

"That's not an excuse and you know it" I said as we left our lockers and started walking down the hallway to our next class.

"Camila didn't ask for her mom to do what she does to her. I know for a fact that Camila is in love with Lauren, she just has a strange way of showing it" Dinah said.

"You told me that you saw Camila hit Lauren" I said.

"I did and I know it wasn't right but I also believe that Lauren isn't the only one with something mentally wrong with her" Dinah said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

Dinah's eyes went wide and then she started walking fast to her classroom.

"It meant nothing" Dinah said before running into her classroom.

I sighed and adjusted the strap on my backpack before walking into the front office. I had my party tonight and I was beyond stressed about that. Not to mention, I was planning on seeing Normani later but I had to make sure that I didn't make plans with Troy. I must seem like such a hypocrite to think what Camila is doing to Lauren is bad, but I'm doing the exact same thing with Normani. I sure as hell don't want to be like Camila, so I'm going to end things with Troy to be with Normani.