Chapter 6

It was the day that I had PE and today's lesson was dodgeball. I always hated dodgeball because everyone would always target me first, no matter how much Normani tried to save me. Sometimes I liked being out of the game first because I was able to spend more time with Camila. Camila would never play any of the games or activities that we had for PE, mostly because she always had an excuse as to why she couldn't play. Whenever I was told that I was out of the game that we would always sneak back into the girl's locker room and kiss. I liked kissing Camila and sometimes she would let me do other stuff.

"Earth to Lauren" Normani said, waving her hands in front of my face. "Are you okay?"

"I don't want to play dodgeball" I said.

"We don't really have a choice Lauren" Normani said tying her shoe.

"Camz always found a way not to play" I said.

"Well Camila was always full of shit and for some reason the coaches fell for it every time. I think maybe her visible cleavage helped her" Normani said.

I was about to respond when the door to the locker room opened and Dinah walked in.

"Normani, we need to talk even though I know you don't want to" Dinah pleaded.

"I have nothing to say to you Dinah" Normani snapped.

"You can't just ignore the situation Mani. This isn't just about us anymore" Dinah said.

"There never was an us Dinah. Whatever that shit was it was a mistake" Normani said.

"Now I'm being delusional all of a sudden. You can't run away from this problem" Dinah said.

"I'm done talking to you" Normani said.

"What's with all the yelling?" Ally asked walking into the locker room.

"It's nothing" Normani said, grabbing Ally's hand and pulling her out of the locker room before she can say anything else.

"She's such a bitch" Dinah yelled and then kicked the trash can by the door.

"She's just frustrated" I said.

"I'm sure that's not the reason. It has probably finally hit her how big of a deal our issue is" Dinah said.

"What issue?" I asked.

"She hasn't told you?" Dinah asked.

"No, but it's okay because I was with my other friend anyway" I said.

"Your other friend? The one that you hung up on me for?" Dinah asked.

"I wanted to see the dragons but they never came" I said.

"You could've saw Camila" Dinah said.

"Camz made me promise to not look for her when she's gone because it would make her happy. So I'm not going to" I said.

"But she's sick Lauren. Do you understand that?" Dinah said.

"She said she's going away to get better" I said.

"You could still visit her Lauren" Dinah said.

"No," I said.

The bell rung indicating that class was about to start, Dinah groaned in annoyance before leaving me in the locker room alone. I walked out of the locker room and walked down the hallway to the water fountain. I was bending down to drink a sip of water when I was pushed to the floor.

"Oh my bad, I didn't see you there" Jacob said.

I clenched my fist in anger. I wanted today to be a good day because after my doctor's appointment after school that I was going to see Maia. I was going to ignore all the people that were always mean to me. I was about to stand back up when Jacob spoke again.