Chapter 11

"I can't believe you still remember that I liked this place" Natasha said before sucking from her vanilla milkshake.

"It was your favorite place" I said and then took a bite of my Bacon Roadhouse burger.

"I mean its Checkers so it's kind of hard not to like but I meant since we were so young everything became my favorite" Natasha said placing her milkshake down on the table.

"Do you feel better?" I asked as I finished the rest of my burger.

"I'll spare you the gross answer and just say that I'm doing better than yesterday" Natasha said.

"See, I told you that cuddles worked" I said.

"Yeah I guess you're right. Who taught you that?" Natasha said.

"I taught myself. I did it to Camz whenever she got hers and was really sick" I said.

"You actually had good moments with Camila?" Natasha asked.

"Yes, she's not as bad as everyone thinks" I said.

"Well she has a way of not showing it" Natasha said.

"I think she's sad and this is her way of showing it" I said.

"Lauren, she told Tori to have sex with Maia and she made Mani do something she didn't want to do. Not to mention she broke up Mani and Ally. She even put Dinah in the hospital" Natasha said.

"You only say bad things" I said covering my ears with my hands and squeezing my eyes shut as I thought of the good memories with Camila.

*Lauren's Flashback*

It was the day before the fifth grade dance and I was on my driveway drawing a picture with the chalk set that my dad just bought me on the pavement. I was drawing a dog when I felt someone tap me on my shoulder and I looked up to see Camila.

"Hi Camz, do you want to draw too?" I asked holding out a piece of chalk to her.

"No thanks" Camila said and then sat down next to me.

It was silent for a bit, so I continued working on my drawing.

"Lolo, do you like me?" Camila asked breaking the silence.

"Yes, that's why you're my friend" I said.

"I know that but you didn't ask me to the fifth grade dance. Everyone else is going and I thought you would ask me" Camila said.

"I would ask you but my mom doesn't want me to go" I said.

"Why?" Camila asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"I think it would be fun" Camila said.

"Would it make you happy if we went?" I asked looking at her.

"Yes, but I don't want to force you" Camila said.

"It's okay. I will ask my mom now" I said getting up and running into my house.

My mom was in the dining room wiping down the table when I hugged her from behind.

"Lauren Michelle, what's wrong?" my mom asked.

"Nothing, I want to go to the fifth grade dance" I said.

My mom stopped cleaning the table and unwrapped my arms from around her waist.

"I don't think that's a good idea Lauren" my mom said.

"It's okay because I'm going with Camz" I said.